All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionPassionate, talented, headstrong and ambitious, Masha takes the European film scene by storm, escaping her small provincial town to become the most daring, avant-garde auteur of her generation. Taking inspiration from her personal life - a father who drinks, the desperation for immortality that drives her - as well as the artists and poets she meets on the streets of St Petersburg, Masha courageously puts herself on the line by transforming her own experiences into art. But as painful memories of her childhood start to resurface, she is forced to confront her demons - the betrayals, the cruelties. What personal price must Masha pay for staying true to her artistic vision? Psychologically compelling and utterly original, this award-winning vel from Russia's most exciting young writer asks profound questions about the nature of authenticity and the cost of pursuing an artistic life when there is everything to lose.
- Author BiographyVadim Levental studied Russian literature at St Petersburg State University. He is a literary critic, book editor and political commentator. Masha Regina is his first novel. He lives in St Petersburg, Russia. Lisa C. Hayden translates literature from Russian to English. Her highly regarded blog on Russian literature, Lizok's Bookshelf, is followed by critics, writers, translators, academics, agents and publishers. She lives in Maine, USA.
- Author(s)Vadim Levental
- PublisherOneworld Publications
- Date of Publication05/05/2016
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOneworld Publications
- Weight454 g
- Width135 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine27 mm
- Translated byLisa Hayden
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $16.95Trending at AU $21.20
- AU $69.95Trending at AU $77.92
- AU $21.87Trending at AU $24.81
- AU $15.99Trending at AU $21.20
- AU $20.00Trending at AU $20.54
- AU $14.46Trending at AU $15.42
- AU $12.82Trending at AU $14.43
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.