All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe understanding of the events taking place in a cell, a biological fluid or in any biological system is the main goal of biology research. Many fields of research use different techlogy to assess those events. Mass spectrometry is one of those techniques and this undergoes constant evolution and adaptation to always enhance the accuracy of the information provided. Proteomics provides a large panel of data on protein identity and protein expression that were made possible by mass spectrometry. For several years w mass spectrometry has become central to performing proteomic research, however this powerful tool is under constant evolution to be more sensitive and more resolute. More importantly mass spectrometry became a field of research focusing on new applications. Indeed, the complexity in biological systems relies on the changes of expression of transcription of proteins but also on the post-translational modification of proteins, the structure of proteins and the interaction between proteins, amongst others. As of w, several investigations tried to improve the quantification of proteins by mass spectrometry, the determination of post-translational modifications, the protein-protein and protein-nucleic acids interaction or the proteins structures. This book is structured as follows: after a brief introduction of the usual and most popular applications for mass spectrometry in proteomics, the most recent research and developments in mass spectrometry-based methodologies will be explored.
- Author BiographyDr Gwenael Pottiez holds a Ph.D in Biochemistry. His recent experience is working with Professor Greenfield at Oxford University. Dr Pottiez research includes the structure of the anatomical barrier separating the brain tissue from the blood stream which is a significant knowledge asset in neuroscience drug development. His post-doctoral project of research was based on the discovery of biomarkers in relation to viral infection, analyzing patient's blood. This provided him knowledge on clinical research and biomarker discovery related to human pathologies. His skills set include chemistry of proteins, pharmacology, mass spectrometry and software.
- Author(s)Gwenael Pottiez
- PublisherSpringer International Publishing AG
- Date of Publication06/02/2015
- SubjectLife Sciences: General
- Series TitleSpringerbriefs in Bioengineering
- Place of PublicationCham
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- ImprintSpringer International Publishing AG
- Content Note12 black & white illustrations, 3 black & white tables, biography
- Weight140 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine4 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.66Trending at AU $96.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $35.42Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.35
- AU $19.16Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.