All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionMass transfer involves the use of various operations to separate a mixture into its individual components-a frequent requirement in chemical industries. The differences in the physical properties of the components to be separated, such as the vapour pressure, solubility or diffusivity, are utilized to transfer material from one homogeus phase to ather. Techniques such as gas absorption, distillation, leaching, extraction, crystallization, humidification, drying, adsorption and membrane based separation processes involve mass transfer and can be carried out due to the existence of a concentration gradient within the system. Mass Transfer Concepts supplies engineers with the required kwledge of all these operations. Designed for a two-semester course in chemical, biotechlogy, petrochemical, and pharmaceutical engineering, the book provides a simple treatment of the concepts, definitions, and derivations with numerous figures and worked examples typical of their industrial applications. A number of exercise problems with solutions help clarify key concepts.
- Author BiographyDr. K. Asokan is Deputy Director and Head, Chlor-Alkali Division, Central Electro Chemical Research Institute (CECRI), Karaikudi. He has been teaching mass transfer, heat transfer, and chemical process calculations since 1988. He is involved in the development and commercial exploitation of titanium substrate insoluble anodes - a substitute for the conventional graphite anodes - which revolutionized the Indian chlor-alkali industry during the 1980s. Dr. Asokan has published several research papers in national and international journals of repute in the area of electrolytic production of organic and inorganic chemicals based on membrane cell technology. He has four Indian patents and one US patent to his credit. He has earlier authored a book, Chemical Process Calculations (Universities Press, 2007).
- Author(s)K. Asokan
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Inc
- Date of Publication27/05/2011
- SubjectEngineering & Technology: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationBosa Roca
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCRC Press Inc
- Content Note148 black & white illustrations
- Weight1020 g
- Width187 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.50Trending at AU $111.84
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.50
- AU $35.45Trending at AU $40.79
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.50
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $23.97
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.12
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.34
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.