All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book describes a range of effective ways to help children and families cope with major traumatic experiences such as community violence, war, and terrorist attacks. Detailed case examples bring to life the complexities of assessment and intervention with children of different ages and cultural backgrounds, including both survivors of one-time traumatic events and those dealing with ongoing stressors like the military deployment of a parent. Expert contributors provide guidelines for setting up and running school- and clinic-based support groups; conducting brief and longer-term interventions with individuals and families; and promoting healing with art, music, and play. Grounded in the latest kwledge on stress and coping, bereavement, attachment, and risk and resilience, and including much-needed tips for therapist self-care, this is an essential clinical resource and text.
- Author BiographyNancy Boyd Webb, DSW, BCD, RPT-S, is a leading authority on play therapy with children who have experienced loss and traumatic bereavement. Her many publications include Helping Bereaved Children, Play Therapy with Children in Crisis, and Social Work Practice with Children. A board-certified diplomate in clinical social work and a registered play therapy supervisor, Dr. Webb is University Distinguished Professor of Social Work at the Fordham University Graduate School of Social Service. In addition to teaching, writing, and consulting, she maintains a clinical practice and supervises and consults with schools and agencies. She lectures and conducts workshops throughout the United States and internationally on play therapy, trauma, and bereavement.
- PublisherGuilford Publications
- Date of Publication12/02/2004
- SubjectPsychology: Professional & General
- Series TitleClinical Practice with Children, Adolescents, and Families
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGuilford Publications
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight666 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Edited byNancy Boyd Webb
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $34.69Trending at AU $36.40
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.73
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $40.27
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.08
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $39.86
- AU $34.16Trending at AU $34.94
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $26.86
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.