All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe second edition of the award-winning Mass-Mediated Terrorism features a new chapter on public opinion and is updated with analyses of the Iraq war, increasing terrorist attacks abroad, and subsequent counterterrorism measures. It also includes new information on Al-Jazeera and the use of the Internet in terrorist efforts. Using U.S. cases and incidents abroad, Brigitte Nacos explores the use of political violence for the sake of publicity, media coverage of counterterrorism policies and its effect on political decision making, and the impact of new media. Mass-Mediated Terrorism offers a blueprint both for effective public information and media relations during terrorism crises as well as for ethical news coverage of major terrorism incidents.
- Author BiographyBrigitte L. Nacos is adjunct professor of political science at Columbia University.
- Author(s)Brigitte L. Nacos
- PublisherRowman & Littlefield
- Date of Publication29/03/2007
- SubjectCurrent Affairs & Issues
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRowman & Littlefield Publishers
- Out-of-print date01/07/2016
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight399 g
- Width158 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.68Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.14Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $50.28Trending at AU $53.01
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $40.50
- AU $37.59Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.15Trending at AU $35.14
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.