All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA must-have book for the lighthouse enthusiast, maritime buff, and anyone who is interested in Massachusetts history, Massachusetts Lighthouses Past and Present describes the more than sixty lighthouse stations that have been found along the coast from Fall River in the south to Salisbury in the rth, near the New Hampshire border. The lighthouse station locations are identified using navigational charts and their characteristics, including date established, tower structure, optics, fog signals, and many more significant topics are presented in a straightforward table format. A dozen or so lighthouses that longer exist, and probably are t as well kwn, are also discussed. More than four hundred images, some more than 130 years old, show the original towers and stations and are accompanied by present-day photographs of these beacons. Numerous images show the insides of towers and lantern rooms t only in those open to the public for tours, but also in restricted or rarely visited lighthouses.
- Author BiographyArthur P. Richmond has been a photographer for more than fifty years. He is the author of fourteen books, and his images are also found in calendars and postcards, as well as on display at several galleries in Massachusetts.
- Author(s)Arthur P. Richmond
- PublisherSchiffer Publishing Ltd
- Date of Publication28/05/2013
- SubjectTravel & Holiday Guides: General
- Place of PublicationAtglen
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSchiffer Publishing Ltd
- Content Note454 images
- Weight1089 g
- Width216 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine20 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.02Trending at AU $36.78
- AU $16.41Trending at AU $22.77
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $21.99
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.97
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.62
- AU $14.82Trending at AU $17.90
- AU $25.99Trending at AU $32.06
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.