All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.90
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $87.85
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.47
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.18
- AU $78.98Trending at AU $85.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.34
- AU $34.78Trending at AU $42.60
About this product
- DescriptionMassage Fusion is an essential companion for any manual therapist interested in treating common pain issues. Acclaimed teachers and therapists, Rachel Fairweather and Meghan Mari offer a practical and dynamic step-by-step approach to gaining results with persistent client problems such as low back pain, neck pain, headaches, carpal tunnel syndrome, TMJ disorders, stress-related conditions and stubborn sporting injuries.The book outlines a clear and evidence-based rationale to treatment using a clinically tried and tested combination of advanced massage techniques including myofascial work, trigger point therapy, acupressure, stretching and client self-care suggestions. Named after the authors' successful UK based training company, the 'Jing method' has helped thousands of therapists build their practices. Beautifully illustrated with clear photographs of each step, this book gives massage therapists a tried and tested blueprint for approaching chronic pain conditions with confidence.Drawing on both the available evidence and several decades of clinical experience, Massage Fusion brings together art and science, East and West, philosophy and psychology into a joyful exploration of how to gain the best results for your clients. A must read for all bodyworkers who want to be the best!
- Author BiographyRachel is the Co-Director and Founder of the Jing Institute of Advanced Massage Training (and has been teaching and practising massage for over 20 years. After qualifying in the UK, she gained an associate degree in advanced massage at the New York College for Holistic Health and Education, gaining awards for both academic and clinical excellence. She has trained extensively in Eastern and Western bodywork including medical massage, craniosacral, myofascial, structural integration (KMI) trigger point therapy, Thai massage, Amma therapy, Sports massage, visceral manipulation, and neuromuscular techniques. Rachel writes regularly for several massage and complementary health magazines including Choice Health & Wellbeing, Massage World, the magazine of the Scottish Massage Therapists organisation, and Holistic Therapist. She is a sought after guest lecturer for several institutions including McTimoney College of Chiropractic, CPDO (centre for professional development of osteopaths), the FHT and the International Dermal Institute. She has also been the recipient for two years running of the CAM expo award for outstanding achievement in her field. Rachel continues to travel the world researching the most effective techniques to share with her students and clients. In addition, Rachel continues to treat clients in pain at the Jing Pain Clinic in Brighton. Meghan has had successful private massage practices focusing on sports and injury prevention in San Francisco and New York. She has been an instructor at the Open Centre in New York City and at the National Institute of Holistic Health in California. She is the former manager and international sales director of the prestigious Stone Spa in New York City specialising in advanced massage and hot stone treatments. In addition to her broad range of massage skills, she brings to all Jing courses an expertise in marketing and public relations. Meghan has travelled extensively in the States providing training in hot stone massage and other techniques at the most exclusive spas and health resorts in the world. She believes strongly in the integration of differing modalities of massage so that every client may be treated as an individual. With great energy and passion she encourages all of her students to be creative with their work, believing success can only come if you truly love what you do.
- Author(s)Meghan Mari,Rachel Fairweather
- PublisherHandspring Publishing Limited
- Date of Publication05/08/2015
- SubjectMedical Nursing & Ancillary Services
- Place of PublicationPencaitland
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintHandspring Publishing Limited
- Content Note450
- Width189 mm
- Height246 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.