All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionRichard Hell may best be kwn as a punk icon, a founding member of seminal bands Television, the Heartbreakers, and The Voidoids, but for decades he's been a prominent voice in American letters. Through his vels Go Now and Godlike, and his critically acclaimed autobiography, I Dreamed I Was a Very Clean Tramp, Hell has proven himself as a talented and insightful writer across many genres, in many forms. But one might argue that Richard's true genius lies in shorter form as a writer on culture. Love comes in spurts, Hell once sang, and that could well describe the intensity of his penetrating and wickedly droll criticism. Massive Pissed Love is a collection of Hell's ruminations on art, literature, and music, among other things, that's like a candy box of reading treats, a bag of shiny marbles, a cabinet of mementos and uncanny fetishes. However one thinks of it, it's a joy to read from start to finish and a deeply necessary addition to the oeuvre of one of the sharpest minds and sensibilities at work today.
- Author BiographyRichard Hell remains a crucial voice of our culture. He's currently conducting an interview/performance series at Symphony Space in New York, A Night Out with Richard Hell, as well as giving readings and talks internationally, while focusing primarily on a novel in progress. He's published journalism in Spin, Bookforum, The New York Times, Esquire, the Village Voice, Art in America, and many other outlets. Hell was the film critic for Black Book from 2004-2006. He's the author of an autobiography, I Dreamed I Was a Very Clean Tramp (Ecco, 2013), and the novels Go Now (Scribner, 1996) and Godlike (Akashic, 2005), as well as the collection of essays, diaries, and lyrics Hot and Cold (powerHouse, 2001).
- Author(s)Richard Hell
- Date of Publication01/10/2015
- Place of PublicationBerkeley
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Weight485 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.51Trending at AU $111.62
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.36
- AU $35.81Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.34
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $23.93
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.02
- AU $17.16Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.