CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.47
- AU $50.10Trending at AU $53.12
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.88
- AU $32.08Trending at AU $45.10
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $16.60
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $27.15
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $29.65
About this product
- DescriptionThe democratization of video has driven parallel developments in audio: digital techlogy w allows small studios with inexpensive equipment to create increasingly elaborate sound recordings, while digital video w requires an audio design to match its increasingly sophisticated visual palette. In audio increasingly sophisticated digital tools must still be matched with essential microphones, studios, and acoustics, to attain excellent sound, making the field a greater challenge even as more powerful tools appear. This Master Handbook covers the full range of modern audio techniques, from digital sound recording in the studio to sound for digital video and film. It deals with basic physics, essential equipment, recording methods, and digital signal processing techniques - everything you need to produce audio in the studio or for video and film work.
- Author BiographyJerry C. Whitaker is Technical Director of the Advanced Television Systems Committe (ATSC), Washington, DC. He was previously President of Technical Press, a consulting company based in the San Jose (CA) area. Mr. Whitaker has been involved in various aspects of the electronics industry for over 25 years, with specialization in communications. Current book titles include the following: * Editor-in-Chief, Standard Handbook of Video and Television Engineering, 3rd Ed., McGraw-Hill, 2000 * Editor-in-Chief, Standard Handbook of Audio and Radio Engineeing, 2nd Ed., McGraw-Hill, 2001 * DTV Handbook, 3rd Ed., McGraw-Hill, 2001 * Editor, Video Displays, McGraw-Hill, 2000 * Editor, Television Receivers, McGraw-Hill, 2001 * Editor, Audio and Video Professional's Field Manual, McGraw-Hill, 2001 * Editor, Master Handbook of Video Production, McGraw-Hill, 2002 * Radio Frequency Transmission Systems: Design and Operation, McGraw-Hill, 1990 * Maintaining Electronic Systems, 2nd Ed., CRC Press, 2001 * Editor-in-Chief, The Electronics Handbook, CRC Press, 1996 * AC Power Systems Handbook, 2nd Ed., CRC Press, 1999 * Power Vacuum Tubes Handbook, 2nd Ed., CRC Press, 1999 * The Communications Facility Design Handbook, CRC Press, 2000 * The Resource Handbook of Electronics, CRC Press, 2000 * Co-author, Communications Receivers, 3nd Ed., McGraw-Hill, 2000 Mr. Whitaker has lectured extensively on the topic of electronic systems design, installation, and maintenance. He is the former editorial director and associate publisher of Broadcast Engineering and Video Systems magazines, and a former radio station chief engineer and television news producer. Mr. Whitaker is a Fellow of the Society of Broadcast Engineers and an SBE-certified professional broadcast engineer. He is also a fellow of the Society of Motion Picture and Television Engineers, and a member of the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers. Mr. Whitaker has twice received a Jesse H. Neal Award Certificate of Merit from the Association of Business Publishers for editorial excellence. He has also been recognized as Educator of the Year by the Society of Broadcast Engineers. Mr. Whitaker resides in Morgan Hill, California.
- Author(s)Jerry Whitaker
- PublisherMcGraw-Hill Education - Europe
- Date of Publication01/10/2002
- SubjectComputing: Professional & Programming
- Series TitleDigital Media
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintMcGraw-Hill Publishing Co.
- Out-of-print date05/04/2008
- Content Note1, black & white illustrations
- Weight766 g
- Width191 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edited byJerry Whitaker
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.