All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionLEARN HOW TO WRITE PLAYS AND HAVE THEM PERFORMED Writing Plays is the invaluable and comprehensive guide to anyone who wants to write plays and get them performed. It covers the basics of the theatre, creating and working with characters, writing realistic speech and dialogue, constructing compelling plots and creating a great ending. There are also separate chapters focused on writing for different genres, including pantomimes, musicals, radio and television. And a final section looks at the practicalities of laying out, submitting and staging your play. ABOUT THE SERIES The Teach Yourself Creative Writing series helps aspiring authors tell their story. Covering a range of genres from science fiction and romantic vels, to illustrated children's books and comedy, this series is packed with advice, exercises and tips for unlocking creativity and improving your writing. And because we kw how daunting the blank page can be, we set up the Just Write online community at tyjustwrite, for budding authors and successful writers to connect and share.
- Author BiographyLesley Bown and Ann Gawthorpe are prize-winning professional writers. They have been working and writing together for more than ten years, producing over 13 plays and hundreds of sketches, all of which have been performed by amateur or professional theatre groups or in broadcast productions.
- Author(s)Ann Gawthorpe,Lesley Bown
- PublisherHodder & Stoughton General Division
- Date of Publication28/11/2014
- SubjectUsage & Writing Guides
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintTeach Yourself Books
- Weight354 g
- Width140 mm
- Height218 mm
- Spine24 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.43
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.