All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $86.07
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $23.02
- AU $29.91Trending at AU $39.16
- AU $26.15Trending at AU $26.53
- AU $35.37Trending at AU $37.50
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $53.93
About this product
- DescriptionThis book reports on cutting-edge research carried out within the context of the EU-funded Dicode project, which aims at facilitating and augmenting collaboration and decision making in data-intensive and cognitively complex settings. Whenever appropriate, Dicode builds on prominent high-performance computing paradigms and large data processing techlogies to meaningfully search, analyze, and aggregate data from diverse, extremely large and rapidly evolving sources. The Dicode approach and services are fully explained and particular emphasis is placed on deepening insights regarding the exploitation of big data, as well as on collaboration and issues relating to sense-making support. Building on current advances, the solution developed in the Dicode project brings together the reasoning capabilities of both the machine and humans. It can be viewed as an invative workbench incorporating and orchestrating a set of interoperable services that reduce the data intensiveness and complexity overload at critical decision points to a manageable level, thus permitting stakeholders to be more productive and effective in their work practices.
- Author BiographyNikos Karacapilidis is full professor of Industrial Management and Information Systems at University of Patras, Greece. His current research interests are on the areas of e-Collaboration, Technology-Enhanced Learning, Knowledge Management Systems, Group Decision Support Systems, Computer-Supported Argumentation and Enterprise Information Systems.
- PublisherSpringer International Publishing AG
- Date of Publication21/10/2016
- SubjectComputing: Professional & Programming
- Series TitleStudies in Big Data
- Series Part/Volume Number5
- Place of PublicationCham
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- ImprintSpringer International Publishing AG
- Content Note98 black & white illustrations, biography
- Weight367 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Edited byNikos Karacapilidis
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 2014
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.