All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.47
- AU $50.10Trending at AU $53.12
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.88
- AU $32.08Trending at AU $45.10
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $16.60
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $27.15
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $29.65
About this product
- DescriptionNOTE: Used books, rentals, and purchases made outside of Pearson If purchasing or renting from companies other than Pearson, the access codes for the Enhanced Pearson eText may t be included, may be incorrect, or may be previously redeemed. Check with the seller before completing your purchase.This package includes the Enhanced Pearson eText and the loose-leaf version. This guide gives current and future educators practical help for rediscovering the value, potential, richness, and adventure of a diverse classroom while developing the capacity to professionally address the differential learning and transition needs of culturally and linguistically diverse (CLD) students. Ideal for pre- and in-service teachers, district and building administrators, school specialists, and paraprofessionals, it presents the latest tools, procedures, strategies, and ideas for ensuring effective teaching and learning for students of any native language. Included are new ways to reach and maximize relationships with parents, caregivers, and extended family members by partnering with them in appropriate pedagogical practices. The new Third Edition of Mastering ESL/EF Methods includes illustrated concepts; global connections; tips for practice in the EFL classroom; a revised framework for the conceptual definitions of approach method, strategy, and technique; an expanded Glossary; interactive video links; a revised discussion of dual language programs; and an overview of program model effectiveness. The Enhanced Pearson eText features embedded video.Improve mastery and retention with the Enhanced Pearson eText* The Enhanced Pearson eText provides a rich, interactive learning environment designed to improve student mastery of content. The Enhanced Pearson eText is:
- Engaging. The new interactive, multimedia learning features were developed by the authors and other subject-matter experts to deepen and enrich the learning experience.
- Convenient. Enjoy instant online access from your computer or download the Pearson eText App to read on or offline on your iPad(r) and Android(r) tablet.*
- Affordable. Experience the advantages of the Enhanced Pearson eText along with all the benefits of print for 40% to 50% less than a print bound book.
- Author BiographyDr. Socorro Herrera is a professor in the Department of Curriculum and Instruction, College of Education at Kansas State University and directs the Center for Intercultural and Multilingual Advocacy (CIMA). Her K-12 teaching experience includes an emphasis on literacy development and her research focuses on literacy opportunities with culturally and linguistically diverse students (CLD), reading strategies, and teacher preparation for diversity in the classroom. Dr. Herrera has authored 6 textbooks and numerous articles for publication in journals such as the Bilingual Research Journal, Journal of Hispanic Higher Education, Journal of Research in Education, Journal of Curriculum and Instruction, and the Journal of Latinos and Education. In addition to her writing, Dr. Herrera conducts multi-state and international professional development on issues related to teacher preparation for pre-service teachers, biography-driven instruction, and classroom accommodations for CLD students.Dr. Kevin Murry is an Associate Professor in the Department of Curriculum and Instruction, College of Education at Kansas State University and Director of Research and Development for the Center for Intercultural and Multilingual Advocacy (CIMA). His scholarship has emphasized the professional development of general education teachers for the assets/needs of culturally and linguistically diverse (CLD) students. Dr. Murry's recent research and publication have emphasized teacher readiness for best practice with CLD students, culturally responsive teaching, as well as the cross-cultural dynamics of critically reflective teaching. In addition to his textbook and chapter publications, he has contributed articles to journals such as Cultural Studies in Science Education, the Journal of Curriculum and Instruction, and the Journal of Teaching and Learning.
- Author(s)Kevin G Murry,Socorro G Herrera
- Date of Publication10/01/2015
- FormatMixed media product
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Weight680 g
- Width193 mm
- Height236 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Contained items statementContains Paperback / softback
- Edition Statement3rd
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.