Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.58Trending at AU $39.15
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.66
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.32
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.16
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.17
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.51
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.42
About this product
- DescriptionVolume 1 of this edited book covers basics of endothelial keratoplasty and various surgical techniques currently in use. Chapters on DSAEK, DMEK, big bubble, air pump-assisted and endoilluminator assisted DMEK/PDEK, pre-Descemet's endothelial keratoplasty (PDEK), and Descemet's membrane endothelial transfer (DMET) complete the topics on various surgical procedures. Complex situations and complications have been covered in volume 2 of Mastering Endothelial Keratoplasty. Endothelial keratoplasty is a field of great interest to all corneal surgeons. It is an exciting and evolving field in corneal transplantation as the newer techniques of DSAEK, DMEK, E-DMEK and PDEK have inherent advantages that make them supersede the older techniques by far. Hence, in today's scenario with the clearly superior results that these techniques offer, it is imperative for all corneal surgeons to learn them and kw everything about managing the patient from the pre-operative to the postoperative period. This two-volume book is a must-read for the beginner as well as the established ophthalmologist with interest in corneal transplantation. It is also a must-have for educational institutions, hospital- based libraries and for post-graduate students, fellows and residents who want to expand their kwledge.
- Author BiographyDr. Soosan Jacob, MS, DNB, FRCS (Glasg), MNAMS, FERC is a Senior Consultant Ophthalmologist and Head of the Department of Cornea & Refractive Surgery and Orbit & Oculoplasty in Dr. Agarwal's Eye Hospital, Chennai, India. She is a gold medalist in Ophthalmology. She has won many (34) international awards for her video films at prestigious international conferences in the USA (American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery, American Academy of Ophthalmology), Europe (World Ophthalmology Conference, European Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery), has the rare distinction of winning the prestigious Golden Apple award for Most Outstanding Case in Complications and Challenging Cases Symposium in Cataract Surgery twice. She has authored numerous peer reviewed publications (45) as well as more than 185 chapters in 28 textbooks by international and national publishers and is also the editor for 11 textbooks in Ophthalmology. She is a reviewer for prestigious journals like Eye and Journal of Ophthalmology. She is amongst the senior faculty and a trainer for the DNB (Diplomate of National Board) postgraduate training programme and phacoemulsification training programme for overseas doctors. She heads the National as well as International training programme in the Institute for Cornea & Refractive and Oculoplastics.
- PublisherSpringer, India, Private Ltd
- Date of Publication09/08/2016
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Place of PublicationNew Delhi
- Country of PublicationIndia
- ImprintSpringer, India, Private Ltd
- Content Note34 black & white illustrations, 153 colour illustrations, 50 colour tables, biography
- Weight591 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edited bySoosan Jacob
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.