All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFashion is a very popular subject among young people. Any course with fashion as a prefix attracts lots of students. Despite this, many prospective students and people have little idea what jobs in the fashion industry entail. Fashion Styling is one of the least well researched areas in fashion colleges. The emphasis is put on the end result, i.e. visual imagery, rather than the process of creating it. This 'how to' book provides an insight into the processes you have to follow to work in this area, be it editorial, commercial or show styling. It includes an eight-week introductory programme to the subject and projects whereby students can simulate professional practice and learn the techniques and skills necessary for a career in styling. At the end of the book there is a source directory, a glossary of terms, and a bibliography which provide reference points for further research and study.
- Author BiographyJO DINGEMANNS has worked in the fashion industry since the 1960's. Starting as a model and then as manageress of the famous Biba Boutique, she went on to become Fashion Editor of 19 magazine, and then worked as a freelance stylist in both editorial and commercial areas. She was principal lecturer in Fashion Journalism and Styling at the London College of Fashion, where she developed the styling curriculum for all levels of Further and Higher Education. She is currently a freelance journalist, stylist and lecturer.
- Author(s)Jo Dingemanns
- PublisherPalgrave Macmillan
- Date of Publication09/08/1999
- SubjectFashion & Beauty
- Series TitlePalgrave Master Series
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPalgrave Macmillan
- Content Notebiography
- Weight323 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine12 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.86
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.37
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $75.12
- AU $31.50Trending at AU $37.08
- AU $25.48Trending at AU $28.32
- AU $9.83Trending at AU $13.35
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.