All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionLearn how to deploy and configure all the available Citrix NetScaler features with the best practices and techniques you need to kw About This Book * Implement and configure all the available NetScaler Application Delivery features and monitor NetScaler VPX performance in your environment * Packed with real-word NetScaler deployment scenarios to help you see the configuration principles in action * Integrate NetScaler with other Citrix techlogies, including CloudBridge, Application Delivery Controller, HDX Insight, and Command Center Who This Book Is For If you're an administrator with prior experience using NetScaler then you have everything you need to make the most of this book. What You Will Learn * Configure the more commonly used NetScaler VPX features such as basic load balancing, authentication, NetScaler Gateway, and StoreFront * Configure the AppExpert features such as Responder, Rewrite, AppExpert templates, parsing HTTP, TCP, and UDP data * Integrate NetScaler with other Citrix techlogies such as CloudBridge, Insight Center, and Command Center * Optimize traffic using caching, front-end optimization, and compression * Dive deep in the security, caching, and compression enhancements * Protect your environment with AAA and Application Firewall, or from HTTP DDoS attacks * Troubleshoot an environment using tools such as TaaS and WireShark In Detail Citrix NetScaler is one of the best Application Delivery Controller products in the world. The Application Delivery Controllers are commonly used for load balancing purposes, to optimize traffic, and to perform extra security settings. This book will give you an insight into all the available features that the Citrix NetScaler appliance has to offer. The book will start with the commonly used NetScaler VPX features, such as load balancing and NetScaler Gateway functionality. Next, we cover features such as Responder, Rewrite, and the AppExpert templates, and how to configure these features. After that, you will learn more about the other available Citrix techlogies that can interact with Citrix NetScaler. We also cover troubleshooting, optimizing traffic, caching, performing protection using Application Firewall, and denying HTTP DDoS attacks for web services. Finally, we will demonstrate the different configuration principles real-world Citrix NetScaler deployment scenarios. Style and approach This easy-to-follow guide explains as much as possible about each feature and its configuration. Each topic is explained sequentially in the process of configuring and deploying the feature.
- Author BiographyRick Roetenberg is a technical consultant at ITON ICT in the Netherlands. He has more than 5 years of experience in implementing products available from Citrix, especially networking products. He is also responsible for pre-sales with customers at ITON ICT. Recently, he succeeded the Citrix Networking for Datacenter Specialist Practicum. Rick has also presented at DuCUG, the Dutch Citrix User Community, where he explained that NetScaler is more than just an ICA proxy. He has always had a lot of interest in technology, and his current focus is on Citrix network products. Rick posts blogs at www.rickroetenberg.com, where he shares more information about Citrix's products and all that is necessary in addition to these products. He can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org. His Twitter handle is @rroetenberg. Marius Sandbu is a senior consultant from Norway. He has over 10 years of experience in IT. He has worked as an architect and instructor at Veeam, Microsoft, and Citrix. He has also presented at the NetScaler master class and been to local Citrix user groups' events. Marius is the author of other NetScaler books as well, including Implementing NetScaler VPX(TM), Packt Publishing. He is also a Microsoft MVP, Veeam Vanguard, and PernixPro. Marius posts blogs on https://msandbu.wordpress.com/, where he shares information from the software-defined space. He can be contacted at email@example.com or on Twitter at @msandbu.
- Author(s)Marius Sandbu,Rick Roetenberg
- PublisherPackt Publishing Limited
- Date of Publication23/11/2015
- SubjectComputer Communications & Networking
- Place of PublicationBirmingham
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPackt Publishing Limited
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight381 g
- Width190 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine12 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.65New
- AU $93.38Used
- AU $93.38New
- AU $101.47New
- AU $80.95New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.00
- AU $88.13Trending at AU $90.54
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.44
- AU $39.02Trending at AU $50.24
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $74.12
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.80
- AU $21.33Trending at AU $23.60
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.