All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDive into the latest release of the Swift programming language with this advanced Apple development book for creating exceptional iOS and osX applications About This Book * Harness the latest and most advanced features of Swift 2 to develop quality iOS and OSX applications * Comprehensive coverage of all the advanced features of Swift and guidance on advanced design techniques * Dive deep into protocol extensions, learn new error handling model, and use featured Swift design patterns to write more efficient code Who This Book Is For This book is for developers that want to dive into the newest version of Swift. If you want in-depth kwledge of some of the most sophisticated elements of Swift development including protocol extensions, error-handling, design patterns, and concurrency, Mastering Swift 2 gives you guidance on how to use and apply them in your own projects. What You Will Learn * Dive into the core components of Swift 2 including operators, collections, control flow, and functions * Create and use classes, structures, and enums including object-oriented topics such as inheritance, protocols, and extensions * Develop a practical understanding of subscripts, optionals, and closures * Learn how to use the new protocol extension and error handling features of Swift 2 * Add concurrency to your applications using Grand Central Dispatch * Master Objective-C interoperability with Mix and Match * Access network resources using Swift * Implement various standard design patterns in the Swift language In Detail At their Worldwide Developer's conference (WWDC) in 2015, Apple anunced Swift 2, a major update to the invative programming language they first unveiled to the world the year before. Swift 2 features exciting enhancements to the original iteration of Swift, acting, as Apple put it themselves as a successor to the C and Objective-C languages. - This book demonstrates how to get the most from these new features, and gives you the skills and kwledge you need to develop dynamic iOS and OS X applications. Learn how to harness the newest features of Swift 2 todevelop advanced applications on a wide range of platforms with this cutting-edge development guide. Exploring and demonstrating how to tackle advanced topics such as Objective-C interoperability, ARC, closures, and concurrency, you'll develop your Swift expertise and become even more fluent in this vital and invative language. With examples that demonstrate how to put the concepts into practice, and design patterns and best practices, you'll be writing better iOS and OSX applications in with a new level of sophistication and control. Style and approach This book takes an example-based approach where each concept covered is supported by example code to t only give you a good understanding of the concept, but also to demonstrate how to properly implement it.
- Author BiographyJon Hoffman has over 20 years of experience in the field of information technology. Over those 20 years, he has worked in the areas of system administration, network administration, network security, application development, and architecture. Currently, he works as a senior software engineer with Syn-Tech Systems. He has developed extensively for the iOS platform since 2008. This includes several apps that he has published in the App Store and written for third parties, besides numerous enterprise applications. In January of 2014, he authored his first book, iOS and OS X Network Programming Cookbook, Packt Publishing. What really drives him is the challenges in the information technology field. There is nothing more exhilarating to him than overcoming a challenge. Some of his other interests are watching baseball (Go Sox) and basketball (Go Celtics). He also really enjoys taekwondo, where he and his eldest daughter, Kailey, earned their black belts together early in 2014. Kim (his wife) earned her black belt in December 2014 and his youngest daughter is currently working toward hers.
- Author(s)Jon Hoffman
- PublisherPackt Publishing Limited
- Date of Publication04/11/2015
- SubjectComputing: Professional & Programming
- Place of PublicationBirmingham
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPackt Publishing Limited
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight699 g
- Width190 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine21 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.65New
- AU $93.38Used
- AU $93.38New
- AU $101.47New
- AU $80.95New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.00
- AU $87.99Trending at AU $90.54
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.44
- AU $39.02Trending at AU $50.24
- AU $69.89Trending at AU $74.12
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.80
- AU $21.33Trending at AU $23.60
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.