CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.01Trending at AU $36.67
- AU $47.85Trending at AU $48.79
- AU $32.52Trending at AU $40.62
- AU $30.43Trending at AU $31.22
- AU $27.73Trending at AU $29.88
- AU $24.19Trending at AU $30.05
- AU $26.56Trending at AU $29.34
About this product
- DescriptionContinually UPDATED with the latest implications of the America Invents and JOBS Acts. Kwledge is power. Don't be the one without it! Instead, sit down with this inspiring book, dig in deep, and come up strong with a clear-cut map to your goal. Sweeping in scope and a little unconventional (just like you), this holistic guide brims with proven tools and strategies you can use to forge your techlogy into a business or licensing deal that creates great wealth. Surely this is the most complete How-to on this topic ever available to the public. It's all here: Business Startup; Angels and VCs; Patent & Trademarks; Market Research; Product Design; Prototypes & Manufacturing; Contract Negotiation; Regulatory Compliance; Sales & Marketing; Licensing; International Trade; Strategic Alliances; Money-saving Tips, and more. Here's what Terry Jones, Founder & Past CEO- Travelocity; Chairman- Kayak has to say: Mastering Techlogy Commercialization is an encyclopedia for anyone trying to take an invention and turn it into a successful business. Steve Overholt, who has counseled countless entrepreneurs from startup to exit, has taken his high-priced consulting kwledge and distilled it into a book that contains hundreds of nuggets of wisdom and an impressive list of pitfalls to avoid. The book is worth it simply for the section that explains the complex dance of funding-from dilution to valuation to the art of the pitch. This section is gold! Any budding techlogy entrepreneur would do well to keep this book on their desk and use it to guide their path to success. Topics are covered in nuts & bolts detail, including hundreds of references for further study, providing a great summary for a quick start. Written by a plain-spoken author in a conversational style and with great sympathy for the uninitiated, this guide actually makes sense. The reading is fast, entertaining, and smooth... the How-to guide as literature? Keeping the dry topic interesting, the author sprinkles in humor and tells inspiring stories that you can relate to-tales of those who failed miserably, succeeded wildly, and managed to do both. How did the winners win? Why did the losers lose? Victory is out there, but it's down a narrow path. Especially valuable is the wisdom the author dispenses that comes only from having gone through the entire process himself. Your guide points out pitfalls to avoid if you want to survive this thrilling experience of grabbing your techlogy by the horns and creating big wealth. Need ather testimonial? Here's what Kathy Misunas, Past CIO- American Airlines; Past CEO Brandwise; Principal- Essential Ideas Consulting has to say: I am often confronted with the build it and they will come entrepreneurial approach to starting a business, especially by engineers. The need is often identified, but the business plan is lacking in the 5P's of product definition vis-a-vis the market, pricing, packaging, promotion and product launch. Steve has provided a great primer identifying how to avoid the pitfalls, but more importantly of suggesting solutions to ensure success. I give the book a definite thumbs-up!
- Author BiographySteve Overholt spent eight years as a technology commercialization consultant, mentoring more than 100 entrepreneurs and existing companies through the arduous process, helping his clients secure millions of dollars in investment capital, and grooming them for successful exits. Steve has presented seminars on the topic at the U. S. Patent Office's Annual Independent Inventors' Conference; the national Association of Small Business Development Centers' Annual Conference; the PASBDC Fall Technology Conference, and others. Steve has conducted R & D at Fortune 500 and other large corporations, where he received three U.S. patents for his inventions. He also has invented products on his own and formed companies to manufacture and market them, receiving two patents in these efforts and winning several international awards for product innovation. His inventions have been licensed to one of the largest corporations in the relevant industry. Steve has started up and run companies with international reach, written and co-written business plans for his entrepreneurial ventures that have received over $2 million in angel and VC investments, and made presentations to venture capitalists on both coasts. One of the businesses that he started up was later sold to a NASDAQ-listed company. His products have been on the market in major retailers for over 10 years. Mostly, though, Steve enjoys applying his knowledge and experience toward assisting other entrepreneurs like you.
- Author(s)Steven D Overholt
- PublisherSteven David Overholt
- Date of Publication24/03/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectManagement & Business: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSteven David Overholt
- Out-of-print date29/12/2016
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight522 g
- Width203 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.