Save on Textbooks
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.80
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.96
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.25
- AU $35.12Trending at AU $54.56
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.27
- AU $29.91Trending at AU $39.11
- AU $35.62Trending at AU $37.45
About this product
- DescriptionAdults who suffer from Attention Deficit-Hyperactivity Disorder kw that it can have harmful effects in their workplace, in their self-esteem, and in the way they interact with their family and friends. While some medications have been effective in treating adults ADHD, the majority of individuals treated with medications have residual symptoms that require additional skills and symptom management strategies. Used in conjunction with the treatment described in the corresponding Therapist Guide, this Workbook provides effective and practical skills that have been scientifically tested and shown to help adults cope with their ADHD symptoms. The treatment plan contains step-by-step, session-by-session information and materials necessary to participate in this treatment in the context of individual outpatient cognitive behavioural therapy. Clients can be active participants in this therapy by helping to personalize their treatment strategy and monitoring their progress, all toward the goal of learning to overcome their ADHD.
- Author BiographySteven Safren is the Associate Director of the Cognitive Behavioural Therapy Program and the Director of Behavioural Medicine Service at Massachusetts General Hospital, and is an Assistant Professor of Psychology at Harvard Medical School. Dr Safren maintains a clinical practice treating clients with cognitive-behavioural therapy in addition to his involvement with training and research. He has authored over 40 publications in the areas of cognitive behavioural therapy, psychopathology, and their application to a variety of clinical problems in adults. Carol A Perlman received her doctorate in clinical psychology from the University of Miami in Florida, and is a Clinical Assistant in Psychology at Massachusetts General Hospital, Instructor in Psychology at Harvard Medical School, and Project Director at the Harvard University Department of Psychology. She is a cognitive behavioural therapist who specializes in the treatment of mood disorders, anxiety disorders, and adult ADHD. Dr Perlman served as a therapist for the initial study of CBT for Adult ADHD and is a Co-Investigator and therapist for the efficacy study. Susan Sprich received her doctorate in clinical psychology from the State University of New York at Albany. She is a Clinical Assistant in Psychology at Massachusetts General Hospital and an Instructor in Psychology at Harvard Medical School. She is the Project Director for a 5-year study of CBT for Adult ADHD funded by NIMH. She has authored over 15 publications in the areas of ADHD and anxiety disorders in children and adults. Dr Sprich conducts cognitive-behavioural therapy with clients with mood disorders, anxiety disorders and ADHD through the Cognitive-Behavioural Therapy Program at MGH and in private practice. Michael W Otto, Ph.D. helped develop the Cognitive-Behaviour Therapy Program at Massachusetts General Hospital (MGH), serving as director of the Program and Associate Professor of Psychology at Harvard Medical School until leaving MGH in 2004 to become Professor of Psychology at Boston University. Clinically, Dr Otto has specialized in the treatment of anxiety and mood disorders, and has developed clinical-research programs for the treatment of panic disorder, posttraumatic stress disorder, social phobia, bipolar disorder, psychotic disorders, substance dependence, and medication discontinuation in clients with panic disorder.
- Author(s)Carol A. Perlman,Michael W. Otto,Steven Safren,Susan Sprich
- PublisherOxford University Press Inc
- Date of Publication16/06/2005
- SubjectPsychiatry & Clinical Psychology: Professional
- Series TitleTreatments That Work
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintOxford University Press Inc
- Content Notenumerous charts, 2 diagrams
- Weight408 g
- Width216 mm
- Height280 mm
- Spine10 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.