Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $95.95+ AU $29.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
Nearly newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $90.95+ AU $29.00 postage
- Like new condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.73
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.56
About this product
- DescriptionMaster the advanced concepts of game development for iOS to build impressive games About This Book * Create a complete game with advanced techniques through the course of the book using in-depth, hands-on instructions * Learn how to multi-task and improve performance optimization in your game playing experience * The author, Miguel, has 11 years of iOS game development using xcode and has released over 10 games to the Apple AppStoreMaster player movement using touch controls as well as discuss motion controls Who This Book Is For This book is for those who have created an iOS game already and want to hone their skills. A reasonable level of kwledge and an understanding of the core elements and applications would be helpful. What You Will Learn * Blast off and start developing fun games * Optimize the assets for the best performance in the game app * Master player movement using touch controls as well as discuss motion controls * Perform bug Squashing by testing and debugging * Design interesting various characters and enemies for your game * Test your game on both, the simulator on the computer and on real devices * Tweak and fine tune the code and graphics before the release of your app * Uncover some awesome new gameplay by adding in multiplayer elements, to get more people playing together In Detail iOS is an operating system for Apple manufactured phones and tablets. Mobile gaming is one of the fastest-growing industries, and compatibility with iOS is w becoming the rm for game developers. SpriteKit is part of the native SDK from Apple, and enables developers to make simple entry into game development without unnecessary overhead and a long learning process. SpriteKit also provides other functionality that is useful for games, including basic sound playback support and physics simulation. In addition, Xcode provides built-in support for SpriteKit so that you can create complex special effects and texture atlases directly in Xcode. This combination of framework and tools makes SpriteKit a good choice for games and other apps that require similar kinds of animation. Become a master in iOS game development through this fast and fun guide! In the beginning, we'll tell you everything you need to plan and design your game. You'll then start developing your game through step-by-step instructions using the various built-in techlogies of Xcode. From there on, we discuss how to deploy your game to the iOS App Store, as well as monetizing it to make more revenue. You will also learn advanced techniques to improve your game playing experience, including better multi-tasking, improved performance optimization, battery management, and more. To end the book off, we'll show you how to update your game with different features, then port the update to the App Store. Style and approach This book provides an easy-to-understand and fun approach to game development, with step-by-step instructions and detailed explanation of each block of code. The topics covered range from easy to advanced, so buckle up for a fast-paced ride!
- Author BiographyMiguel DeQuadros is a game developer and the founder of the independent development studio, Wurd Industries, based in Ontario, Canada. He has been developing iPhone games since the release of the App Store back at the exciting release of iOS 2.0. Since then, he has released 10 games and 1 entertainment app world-wide on the App Store with more to come from Wurd Industries. He was originally interested in 3D animation and graphical design, which he focused on mainly in 2004. But, he then got the game development bug and has been developing iPhone apps since 2008, which also allows him to use his creativity and knowledge of 3D animation for cut scenes and videos within his apps, and he is loving every minute of it. Starting from his first project, Toy Tennis, back in 2008, down to his current project, SpaceRoads, for PC, Mac, Wii U, and other platforms, he continues to develop high-quality apps and games alike. Moving away from simple game development tools, he now primarily uses Unity3D, 3D Studio Max, and the Unreal Engine for his current project in an aim to create very high-quality games. His games can be seen on the App Store on iOS, Steam Greenlight, Amazon, and IndieCity, and of course on his website, www.wurdindustries.com. His games have been reviewed on YouTube by Action Soup Studios, and you can also find his interviews there.
- Author(s)Miguel DeQuadros
- PublisherPackt Publishing Limited
- Date of Publication29/12/2015
- SubjectComputer Games: Programming
- Place of PublicationBirmingham
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPackt Publishing Limited
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight399 g
- Width190 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine12 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.