All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFrustrating, nerve-wracking, job-winning or job-losing, flawed yet necessary - auditioning is a maddening business for everyone involved. The people behind the audition desk are looking for a killer audition (often under tremendous pressure), but most of the auditionees walk into the room feeling nervous, unprepared, and unable to control their own performance. Although the idea of creating 'winning performance strategies' is common in business and sports studies, one has ever really attempted to bring the psychology of creating a winning performance to a book on auditioning. Drawing on some fascinating, cutting-edge research into how the brain copes and responds in high-stress situations, Mastering the Audition looks closely at the effects of fear, at our flawed ability to assess or really kw ourselves, at what really drives us, and at what it really takes to master the audition experience. Applicable to all areas of performing, including reality television, musicals, stage, film and commercials, this book helps you hone your performing skills and develop the mental toughness that can keep you going through the inevitable ups and downs of the audition process. Where other books advise you to 'be confident' and 'be prepared', Mastering the Audition tells you exactly HOW.
- Author BiographyDonna Soto-Morettini has been auditioning and training performers for over two decades. She has served as Director of Drama for the Royal Scottish Academy of Music and Drama, Head of Acting and Dance for Liverpool Institute for Performing Arts, and Head of Acting at the Central School of Speech and Drama. She also has extensive television experience, having worked as a Casting Director and Performance Coach for How Do You Solve a Problem like Maria, Any Dream Will Do, I'd Do Anything, and Over the Rainbow for BBC; as Performance Coach for ITV's Pop Star to Opera Star and as Casting Director for BBC's The Voice.
- Author(s)Donna Soto-Morettini
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication15/09/2012
- SubjectOther Performing Arts
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintMethuen Drama
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight241 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine15 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.05Trending at AU $36.68
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $36.00
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.35
- AU $32.21Trending at AU $40.58
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.26
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $40.16
- AU $34.16Trending at AU $35.20
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.