All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book provides clinically relevant questions of the process of taking a history and performing a physical examination, with sections on Useful Background, and where available, evidence-based performance characteristics of the rendering of our clinical skills. This book (part 2 of 2 of this series), covering Neurology, Respirology, and Rheumatology.
- Author BiographyDr. Thomson has been President of the Canadian Association of Gastroenterology, a member of the Bockus Society, two-term Governor for Western Canada for the American College of Gastroenterology, winner of the prestigious University Cup in 2001, a recipient of the Gold Medal in Medicine of the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons (Canada), Chief Royal College examiner in Gastroenterology, Director of the Division of Gastroenterology, three-time Teacher of the Year at the University of Alberta, Award for Excellence in Mentoring Graduate Students and Postdoctoral Fellows, and awarded Distinguished University Professor. He helped found the Gastroenterology Training Fellows annual course, The Canadian Digestive Disease Foundation, The Canadian Helicobacter Study Group, The Canadian Journal of Gastroenterology, and First Principles of Gastroenterology. He joined the Faculty of Medicine at the University of Alberta in 1975, where he began his career as a clinician, teacher, and investigator. He cherishes the privilege of having helped train more than 60 GI training fellows and graduate students. Dr. Thomson's basic research interest is in the mechanisms of intestinal adaptation, the absorption of nutrients, and the modification of this adaptive response in health and in disease models. His clinical research interests involve the study of human gastric secretion and the coordination and conduct of clinical trials for patients with peptic disorders, as well as inflammatory and irritable bowel diseases. Dr. Thomson has authored over 700 scientific papers and review articles, and has edited eight books.
- Author(s)Dr A B R Thomson
- Date of Publication15/08/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectMedicine: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight1343 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine40 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.68Trending at AU $111.07
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.34
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.33
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.01
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.30
- AU $51.98Trending at AU $53.06
- AU $22.83Trending at AU $27.18
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.