All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis compelling book provides psychotherapists with evidence-based strategies for harnessing the power of language to free clients from life-constricting patterns and promote psychological flourishing. Grounded in relational frame theory (RFT), the volume shares invative ways to enhance assessment and intervention using specific kinds of clinical conversations. Techniques are demonstrated for activating and shaping behavior change, building a flexible sense of self, fostering meaning and motivation, creating powerful experiential metaphors, and strengthening the therapeutic relationship. User-friendly features include more than 80 clinical vignettes with commentary by the authors, plus a Quick Guide to Using RFT in Psychotherapy filled with sample phrases and questions to ask.
- Author BiographyMatthieu Villatte, PhD, is Research Scientist and Clinical Trainer at the Evidence-Based Practice Institute in Seattle. He has conducted workshops on the clinical applications of RFT and contextual behavioral science in the United States, Canada, Australia, and Europe. He is also an associate editor of the Journal of Contextual Behavioral Science. Dr. Villatte's current work focuses on the dissemination of evidence-based practices, and he has published articles and book chapters on RFT, contextual behavioral science, and cognitive-behavioral therapy. Jennifer L. Villatte, PhD, is a clinical psychologist committed to advancing health equity through contextual behavioral science. She is Assistant Professor of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences at the University of Washington, where she partners with innovators in computer engineering, human-centered design, and data science to maximize the effectiveness and reach of behavioral interventions that enhance individual and community well-being. Steven C. Hayes, PhD, is Nevada Foundation Professor in the Department of Psychology at the University of Nevada, Reno. He has served as president of multiple scientific and professional organizations, including the Association for Behavioral and Cognitive Therapies (ABCT) and the Association for Contextual Behavioral Science. His work has been recognized by the Award for Impact of Science on Application from the Society for the Advancement of Behavior Analysis and the Lifetime Achievement Award from the ABCT, among other awards. The author of 41 books and over 575 scientific articles, Dr. Hayes has focused on understanding human language and cognition and applying this understanding to the alleviation of human suffering and the promotion of human welfare. His books include Acceptance and Commitment Therapy, Second Edition, and Mindfulness and Acceptance: Expanding the Cognitive-Behavioral Tradition.
- Author(s)Jennifer L. Villatte,Matthieu Villatte,Steven C. Hayes
- PublisherGuilford Publications
- Date of Publication25/12/2015
- SubjectPsychiatry & Clinical Psychology: Professional
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGuilford Publications
- Weight718 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine33 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $179.93New
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.93New
- AU $93.61Used
- AU $93.61New
- AU $101.72New
- AU $81.15New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.20
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.64
- AU $38.81Trending at AU $50.36
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $74.31
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $109.06
- AU $22.66Trending at AU $23.29
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.