CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.64Trending at AU $111.11
- AU $35.06Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $78.04
- AU $18.76Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
- AU $51.96Trending at AU $53.08
About this product
- DescriptionMasterpieces of Hebrew Literature is a true masterpiece of its own-one of the few collections in which readers can find important works of Jewish tradition and culture by such authors as Rashi, Maimonides, Judah Halevi, and Joseph Caro, all in one place. Curt Leviant includes literature that spans many genres, from fiction and poetry to legal, ethical, and midrashic works; from responsa and Biblical commentary to histories and letters. His brief introductions place the works and their authors in historical perspective.
- Author BiographyCurt Leviant is a prolific author and translator. Having taught Jewish Studies at Rutgers University, he has translated many great works of Yiddish literature. He served as translator on five Sholem Aleichem collections and on four of Chaim Grade's novels, including The Agunah and The Yeshiva, which won a National Jewish Book Award. His translation of Aleichem's Song of Songs was adapted into an Off-Broadway musical. He has also written a number of novels including The Yemenite Girl, Passion in the Desert, and The Man Who Thought He Was the Messiah, and the novellas Ladies and Gentlemen, the Original Music of the Hebrew Alphabet and Weekend in Mustara.
- Author(s)Curt Leviant
- PublisherJewish Publication Society
- Date of Publication07/10/2008
- Place of PublicationPhiladelphia
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJewish Publication Society
- Out-of-print date16/01/2017
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight748 g
- Width3895 mm
- Height5830 mm
- Spine43 mm
- Edited byCurt Leviant
- Introduction byCurt Leviant
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.