All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionTwenty years in the making, this collection presents 122 top-level Soviet, European and American records on the superpowers' role in the annus mirabilis of 1989. Consisting of Politburo minutes; diary entries from Gorbachev's senior aide, Anatoly Chernyaev; meeting tes and private communications of Gorbachev with George H.W. Bush, Margaret Thatcher, Helmut Kohl and Francois Mitterrand; and high-level CIA analyses. Complementing the documents is the inclusion for the first time of the proceedings of an extraordinary face-to-face mutual interrogation (with scholars and documents ) in 1998 of Russian and American senior former officials - Gorbachev advisers Anatoly Chernyaev and Georgy Shakhnazarov, Shevardnadze aide Sergei Tarasenko, U.S. Ambassador Jack Matlock and CIA chief Soviet analyst Douglas MacEachin - aimed at assessing and explaining Moscow and Washington's policies during the miraculous year of 1989.
- Author BiographySvetlana Savranskaya is Director of Russia/Eurasia Programs at the National Security Archive. Thomas Blanton is Executive Director of the National Security Archive. Vladislav Zubok is Professor of history at Temple University.
- PublisherCentral European University Press
- Date of Publication20/10/2011
- SubjectHistory: Specific Subjects
- Series TitleNational Security Archive Cold War Readers
- Place of PublicationBudapest
- Country of PublicationHungary
- ImprintCentral European University Press
- Content Noteblack-andwhite photos
- Weight1179 g
- Width165 mm
- Height239 mm
- Spine41 mm
- Edited bySvetlana Savranskaya,Thomas Blanton,Vladislav M. Zubok
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.50Trending at AU $111.86
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.51
- AU $35.82Trending at AU $40.79
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.51
- AU $19.16Trending at AU $23.98
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.13
- AU $17.16Trending at AU $18.34
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.