All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.43
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.56
About this product
- DescriptionModern British and Irish dramatic works are among the plays most widely read by students. This volume conveniently introduces 10 major plays by British and Irish dramatists. Each chapter is devoted to a particular play and includes a brief biography, a plot sypsis, a discussion of major themes and characters, an overview of the play's historical background, an analysis of the work's dramatic style, an overview of the play's critical reception, and a list of works for further reading. Modern British and Irish dramatic works are widely enjoyed by general readers and high school students. But because they are rooted in literary Modernism and generally reflect particular historical and cultural concerns, they can also be difficult for students to understand. This volume concisely and conveniently introduces 10 masterpieces of British and Irish drama in an accessible manner.
- Author BiographySanford Sternlicht is Professor of English at Syracuse University. He has published several books of poetry, and his scholarly studies include A Reader's Guide to Modern Irish Drama (1998), Chaim Potok: A Critical Companion (Greenwood, 2000), and Student Companion to Elie Wiesel (Greenwood, 2003).
- Author(s)Sanford Sternlicht
- Date of Publication30/08/2005
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Series TitleGreenwood Introduces Literary Masterpieces
- Place of PublicationWestport
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGreenwood Press
- Weight327 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine15 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.