All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAre you keen to study at Master's level? Do you need to understand what is expected from your research and written work? Would you like to see real examples of successful Master's level study?If you answered 'yes' to any of these questions, then this is the book for you. Taking a practical approach, this book will guide you through and demystify the process of thinking, researching, writing and achieving at Master's level. It offers an insight into the kwledge, tools and skills that need to be developed for a successful outcome in an educational context. Using detailed - and real - exemplars, the authors cover the conventions that need to be followed and consider the different elements of Master's level work. Each chapter is supported by appropriate reference to, and extracts from, the three most common types of work undertaken - traditional essay, curriculum package, and portfolio. Now that the DCFS plans to make teaching a Master's level profession, it is vital that you can develop the confidence in making the transition from H level to M level. The book will enable you to: Understand how to prepare, carry out and write a literature review Consider the different methodologies and approaches that are inherent in Master's level work Understand the nature of Master's level work within education as a research/evidence based profession Appreciate the importance of ethical underpinning when working at this levelMaster's Level Study in Education is a valuable guide t just for teacher training students but also for their mentors and for teachers in post, undertaking further Professional Development.
- Author BiographyThe authors are all based at the University of Huddersfield, UK, in the School of Education and Professional Development. Neil Denby is Senior Lecturer in Education and Partnership Co-ordinator for the PGCE (Schools). Helen Swift is Head of Continuing Professional Development and Course Leader for the MA in Professional Development. Robert Butroyd is Senior Lecturer in Education and Subject Coordinator for the Business Education (with Citizenship) PGCE. Jonathan Glazzard is Course Leader for Primary and Early Years Education. Jayne Price is Senior Lecturer in Education and Subject Coordinator for the PGCE Music course.
- Author(s)Helen Swift,Jayne Price,Jonathan Glazzard,Neil Denby,Robert Butroyd
- PublisherOpen University Press
- Date of Publication01/07/2008
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationMilton Keynes
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOpen University Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight710 g
- Width60 mm
- Height91 mm
- Spine5 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $126.09New
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.71New
- AU $93.44Used
- AU $101.53New
- AU $78.95New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.05
- AU $87.90Trending at AU $89.13
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.49
- AU $38.81Trending at AU $50.27
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $74.17
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.86
- AU $21.20Trending at AU $23.08
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.