All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA collection of some thirty profiles, Masters of Irish Music , which appeared periodically in Ireland's Own some time ago, aims to gives readers an overview of some of the most interesting and important figures in Irish music. It can be dipped into, used as a work of reference - for writing or preparing programme tes for a concert, for example - or simply read from cover to cover. All of the people profiled have passed on, leaving new generations to take up the challenge of continuing the work started by these masters of Irish music, and the men and women featured in this book can be an inspiration to them.
- Author BiographyLiam Gaul, a multi-instrumentalist who plays the piano, organ, tin-whistle, flute, and button and piano-accordions, has won numerous All-Ireland awards at Fleadhanna Cheoil and Oireachtais na Gaelige as well as Feis Carman. A collector of note, he has recorded and produced an album with Wexford musicians and in recent years he has taken to musical composition. He holds several degrees and is a contributor to a number of historical journals, periodicals and newspapers. This collection of musical profiles was first published in Ireland's Own.
- Author(s)Liam Gaul
- PublisherThe History Press Ltd
- Date of Publication05/03/1976
- SubjectMusic & Dance
- Place of PublicationStroud
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintNonsuch Publishing
- Content Note40 black and white illustrations
- Weight280 g
- Width165 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine10 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.66Trending at AU $96.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $35.43Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.35
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.