All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.01Trending at AU $36.67
- AU $47.84Trending at AU $48.79
- AU $32.52Trending at AU $40.62
- AU $30.41Trending at AU $31.22
- AU $27.73Trending at AU $29.88
- AU $24.19Trending at AU $30.05
- AU $26.56Trending at AU $29.34
About this product
- DescriptionMore than a dozen of the most respected names in medieval and Renaissance scholarship have come together to present a variety of fighting lore from the rich heritage of the European fight masters, circa 1350 to 1675. The list of legendary fighters and instructors contained within these pages reads like a combat hour roll and includes Johannes Liechtenauer, Fiore dei Liberi, Giacomo di Grassi, Henry de Sainct Didier, Joseph Swetnam and Hugues Wittenwiller. Historical documents translated and analyzed include Das Solothurner Fechtbuch, Le Jeu de la Hache, and the Gladiatoria. Because study of this martial literature requires one to be both scholar and fighter, the translators and interpreters featured in this book are all researchers and/or martial artists- thus serious students of the emerging field of historical fencing studies. These contributions from Dr. Sydney Anglo, John Clements, David Lindholm, Brian Hunt, Grzegorz Zabinski, Gene Tausk, Stacy Clifford and other modern scholars bring to life the words and fighting techniques of the masters of long ago. This rediscovery of combat skills that have been proven over the centuries will breathe new life into the study of medieval and Renaissa
- Author(s)John Clements
- PublisherPaladin Press,U.S.
- Date of Publication15/08/2009
- SubjectMilitary History
- Place of PublicationColorado
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPaladin Press,U.S.
- Content NoteIllustrated throughout
- Weight1089 g
- Width216 mm
- Height280 mm
- Spine25 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.