Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $19.99+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.84
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.82
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.31
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $74.95
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $37.00
- AU $44.73Trending at AU $47.15
- AU $25.61Trending at AU $28.26
About this product
- DescriptionAn innovatively designed monograph on the work of Matali Crasset, one of France's leading product designers. A darling of French industrial design, Matali Crasset has earned critical praise internationally with her unique spaces and products. Ranging from simple, ergonomic kitchen utensils to architecture, her work engages its end users by asking questions on the role design plays in their everyday lives. Crasset was awarded International Interior Designer of the Year at the British Interior Design Awards in 2004, received the Grand Prize for Design from the city of Paris in 1997, and was a previous recipient of the Premier Prix de Concours Louis Vuitton. Her work includes products and interventions for Philippe Starck (whom she worked with for five years), Established and Sons, Hermes, Swarovski, Authentics, Domeau & Peres, Alessi, Meta/Mallet, Artemide, and others. She has also engaged in architecture in the round, including hotels in Nice and Tunisia. Raised in a small village in the north of France, where work and life were intimately bound, the designer's formative experiences clearly inform her view on contemporary design. The uncluttered rhythms of life in the country are reflected in the simple--but often colorful--forms that have earned Crasset a name for herself in the realms of product design, interiors, architecture, and art installations. Lavishly depicted with more than three hundred sketches, concept renderings, and photographs in a unique and brightly hued book format, the projects are organized thematically, with a special emphasis on materials and process.
- Author BiographyMatali Crasset is the principal of her own Paris-based industrial design and was awarded International Interior Designer of the Year at the British Interior Design Awards in 2004, Grand Prize for Design by the city of Paris in 1997, and is a previous recipient of the Premier Prix de Comcours Louis Vuitton. Zoe Ryan is curator for design at the Art Institute of Chicago. Alexandra Midal is a design writer based in Paris and Los Angeles.
- Author(s)Matali Crasset
- PublisherRizzoli International Publications
- Date of Publication24/02/2012
- SubjectDesign & Commercial Art
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRizzoli International Publications
- Content Note300 Colour and Black and White
- Weight2087 g
- Width221 mm
- Height300 mm
- Spine36 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.