CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.43
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $24.94
About this product
- DescriptionWhere does Rooney stand in the order of World Strikers?] Is Cech better than Casillas? Where does Gerrard rate against Vieira? Using its unique form guide, the MOTD Annual answers these crucial questions and many more, running down the top 50 deadliest strikers, the 50 meanest defenders, the 50 classiest midfielders and the top 25 keepers in the world. Also including the most detailed guide around to the Premiership clubs, plus interviews with top players, footballing insights from the MOTD presenters, and a guide to Euro 2008, it offers incredible value and genuinely new and exclusive information for discerning football fans. Everything that you would expect from a sporting brand as mighty as Match of the Day. The MOTD Annual was conceived two years ago by one-man band Terry Pratt, a former publisher of current football annual market-leader Match. With the Match Annual starting to look tired, but still hitting sales of 250,000, Terry spotted an open goal. He drafted in old colleague and former Match managing editor Chris Hunt, and together they created a far superior product and launched it under a much stronger brand. Terry was rewarded with 250 per cent sales growth from year one to two, and third place in the Football Annual bestsellers chart, behind only Match and Shoot . After this excellent launch, and with the same team w packaging the Annual for BBC Books, we are perfectly placed to take it all the way to the top.
- Author BiographyTerry Pratt is the one-man band behind sports imprint Interact Publishing, whose other titles include The MOTD Football Yearbook; World Cup Stories: A History of the FIFA World Cup; The MOTD Guide to the 2006 World Cup and The Official MOTD Annuals 2006 and 2007. Interact will now package the MOTD Annual for BBC Books. MOTD Annual editor Chris Hunt also has an impressive track record in this market. He became managing editor of Match in 1993, and over the next eight years transformed the title into the UK's biggest-selling football magazine, with weekly sales peaking at 242,000 copies. During his editorship he also launched fortnightly sister title Sported and was voted Emap's Editor Of The Year.
- Author(s)Chris Hunt
- PublisherEbury Publishing
- Date of Publication04/10/2007
- SubjectBall Games: Field & Outdoor
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBBC Books
- Weight725 g
- Width232 mm
- Height306 mm
- Spine14 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.