All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionVoting Advice Applications - VAAs - have become a widespread online feature of electoral campaigns in Europe, attracting growing interest from social and political scientists. But systematic and reliable comparative assessment of these tools has yet been published. Until w, research on VAAs has resulted almost exclusively in national case studies. This lack of an integrated framework for analysis has made research on VAAs unable to serve the scientific goal of systematic kwledge accumulation. Against this background, Matching Voters With Parties and Candidates aims first at a comprehensive overview of the VAA phemen in a truly comparative perspective. Featuring the biggest number of European experts on the topic ever assembled, the book answers a number of open questions and addresses debates in VAA research. It also aims to bridge the gap between VAA research and related fields of political science.
- Author BiographyDiego Garzia is Jean Monnet postdoctoral fellow at the European University Institute, Florence. Previously, he studied at the Universities of Rome (Sapienza), Leiden, Siena and Oxford. His areas of expertise include comparative political behaviour, parties and elections in Western Europe. He has authored numerous publications and professional reports including articles in journals such as Electoral Studies, Political Psychology, Party Politics, Political Research Quarterly and West European Politics. He is co-editor (with Lorella Cedroni) of Voting Advice Applications in Europe: The State of the Art - the first comparative volume ever devoted to VAAs. Stefan Marschall is a full professor of political science and Chair of German Politics at the Department of Social Sciences, Heinrich-Heine University, Dusseldorf. Before moving to Dusseldorf in 2010, he was full professor of political science at the University of Siegen. Stefan Marschall is a specialist on the political system of Germany, political communication online, and comparative as well as transnational parliamentarism. He has published textbooks on Germany's political system and on parliamentarism, as well as numerous journal articles and book chapters about online political communication and parliamentary affairs.
- PublisherECPR Press
- Date of Publication01/05/2014
- SubjectPolitics: General & Reference
- Place of PublicationColchester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintECPR Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight567 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edited byDiego Garzia,Stefan Marschall
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Cravings: Recipes for All the Food You Want to Eat by Adeena Sussman, Chrissy Teigen (Hardback, 2016)
- AU $43.38New
- AU $30.64New
- AU $22.99New
- AU $30.81New
- AU $19.86New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $10.59Trending at AU $13.63
- AU $39.17Trending at AU $50.72
- AU $39.11Trending at AU $43.38
- AU $60.83Trending at AU $63.06
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.71
- AU $15.95Trending at AU $22.99
- AU $25.80Trending at AU $30.81
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.