Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $91.44Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by oodals
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $16.95+ AU $7.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionMate Selection Across Cultures explores one of the most basic human endeavors-couple formation-with particular attention to those relationships that lead to marriage. Editors Raeann R. Hamon and Bron B. Ingoldsby examine the enterprise of mate selection and look at the similarities and differences of human bonds around the globe.
- Author BiographyRaeann R. Hamon is Professor of Family Science and Gerontology in the Department of Human Development and Family Science at Messiah College, Pennsylvania. She holds one of two Scholar Chair Awards at Messiah College. Dr. Hamon received her Ph.D. in Family and Child Development and Graduate Certificate in Gerontology from Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University. She has numerous publications and presentations on topics such as filial responsibility, family relationships in later life, parents' experience of adult children's divorce, intergenerational service-learning, Bahamian folklore, and Bahamian family life. She recently co-edited Mate Selection Across Cultures (Sage, 2003) and served as an associate editor for the four-volume International Encyclopedia of Marriage and Family (Macmillan Reference, 2003) and as a guest editor for a special double issue of the Journal of Teaching in Marriage and Family: Innovations in Family Science (Haworth, 2004), which was devoted to the topic of teaching about international families. A Certified Family Life Educator, she is an enthusiastic teacher of courses like Marital Relationships, Dynamics of Family Interaction, Sociology of Aging, and Foundations of Marriage and Family. She is President of the Association of Councils and a member of the Executive Board for the National Council on Family Relations, where she is also an active member of the International Section. Bron Ingoldsby is Associate Professor in the School of Family Life at Brigham Young University. He received his Ph.D. in Child and Family Development from the University of Georgia. A leader in the area of cross-cultural family research, he is the author of numerous professional publications, including (with Raeann Hamon) Mate Selection Across Cultures. His current work focuses on family change among the Hutterian Brethren, and marriage in Latin America. He is a popular instructor of Cross Cultural Family classes at both the graduate and undergraduate levels. He was honored as the 2002 recipient of the Jan Trost Award for Outstanding Contributions to Comparative Family Studies by the National Council on Family Relations. He has served twice on the NCFR board as the chair of the International and Religion & Family Life sections.
- PublisherSAGE Publications Inc
- Date of Publication07/10/2003
- SubjectSociology & Anthropology: Professional
- Place of PublicationThousand Oaks
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSAGE Publications Inc
- Content NoteIllustrations, maps
- Weight408 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Edited byBron B. Ingoldsby,Raeann R. Hamon
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.68Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.14Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $50.28Trending at AU $53.01
- AU $31.88Trending at AU $40.50
- AU $37.59Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.15Trending at AU $35.14
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.