Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.01Trending at AU $36.67
- AU $13.42Trending at AU $19.99
- AU $30.43Trending at AU $31.22
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.88
- AU $24.19Trending at AU $30.05
- AU $14.82Trending at AU $17.85
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $17.43
About this product
- DescriptionMaterial Identities examines the way that individuals use material objects as tools for projecting aspects of their identities. * Considers the way identity is fashioned, launched, used, and admired in the material world. * Contributors intervene from the disciplines of art history, anthropology, design and material culture. * Considers contrasting media - painting, print, sculpture, dress, coinage, architecture, furniture, luxury items, and interior design. * Explores the complexity of identity through the intersection tions of gender, ethnicity, age, sexuality, and class. * Reaffirms the central role of public identities and their impact on social life.
- Author BiographyJoanna Sofaer is a Senior Lecturer in Archaeology at the University of Southampton. She is the author of The Body as Material Culture: A Theoretical Osteoarchaeology (2006), editor of Children and Material Culture (2000) and co-editor, with Dana Arnold, of Biographies and Space (2007).
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication04/01/2007
- SubjectFine Arts / Art History
- Series TitleNew Interventions in Art History
- Place of PublicationChicester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintWiley-Blackwell (an imprint of John Wiley & Sons Ltd)
- Content Note15 illustrations
- Weight438 g
- Width164 mm
- Height238 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Edited byJoanna Sofaer
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.