All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionMaterial Identities examines the way that individuals use material objects as tools for projecting aspects of their identities. * Considers the way identity is fashioned, launched, used, and admired in the material world. * Contributors intervene from the disciplines of art history, anthropology, design and material culture. * Considers contrasting media - painting, print, sculpture, dress, coinage, architecture, furniture, luxury items, and interior design. * Explores the complexity of identity through the intersection tions of gender, ethnicity, age, sexuality, and class. * Reaffirms the central role of public identities and their impact on social life.
- Author BiographyJoanna Sofaer is a Senior Lecturer in Archaeology at the University of Southampton. She is the author of The Body as Material Culture: A Theoretical Osteoarchaeology (2006), editor of Children and Material Culture (2000) and co-editor, with Dana Arnold, of Biographies and Space (2007).
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication22/12/2006
- SubjectFine Arts / Art History
- Series TitleNew Interventions in Art History
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBlackwell Publishing Ltd
- Content Note15 illustrations
- Weight274 g
- Width155 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Edited byJoanna Sofaer
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $37.00Trending at AU $37.79
- AU $20.56Trending at AU $28.58
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.49
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $9.90
- AU $15.62Trending at AU $17.49
- AU $43.92Trending at AU $50.20
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.85
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.