All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAuthor Christopher Beorkrem shows how material performance drives the digital fabrication process and determines technique. He has recreated and dissected thirty-six of the most progressive works of architecture of the last few years, with perspectives from the designers so that you can learn from the successes and failures of each project. Including step-by-step diagrams and using consistent language and the simplest construction techniques, he identifies the important characteristics of each material, including connection types, relative costs, deformation, color, texture, finish, dimensional properties, durability, and weathering and waterproofing to link the design outcomes to form. The book is divided into five parts by material - wood, metal, concrete, hybrids, and recycled - to help you reference construction techniques for the fabrication machines you have on-hand.
- Author BiographyChristopher Beorkrem is Assistant Professor of Architecture at the University of North Carolina, Charlotte.
- Author(s)Christopher Beorkrem
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication06/09/2012
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note251 colour illustrations, 279 colour line drawings
- Weight800 g
- Width280 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine15 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.65Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.12Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.93
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.76
- AU $37.59Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.02Trending at AU $36.09
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.