Materials Handbook: A Concise Desktop Reference by Francois Cardarelli (Hardback, 2008)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $378.25+ AU $7.50 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $138.95+ AU $12.95 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.73Trending at AU $22.02
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.23
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.26
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.55
- AU $27.51Trending at AU $30.42
- AU $35.26Trending at AU $35.79
- AU $11.63Trending at AU $21.86
About this product
- DescriptionThis unique and practical book provides quick and easy access to data on the physical and chemical properties of all classes of materials. The second edition has been much expanded to include whole new families of materials while many of the existing families are broadened and refined with new material and up-to-date information. Particular emphasis is placed on the properties of common industrial materials in each class. Detailed appendices provide additional information, and careful indexing and a tabular format make the data quickly accessible. This book is an essential tool for any practitioner or academic working in materials or in engineering.
- Author BiographyFrancois Cardarelli has had wide-ranging commercial and industrial experience of materials, commodities and processes: * at CNRS in Paris he designed and used electrochemical sensors for pollution control; * as a research scientist at Electricite de France he helped to invent methods of preparation of industrial titanium and tantalum electrodes; * as a registered professional consultant in Toulouse, he solved problems in electrochemical engineering, the selection of electrode materials, corrosion and high-temperature operation; * at the Avestor Corporation, he worked as an industrial electrochemist and materials expert in charge of strategic raw materials, scientific and technical support for lithium processing and, as Battery Product Leader, in charge of lithium polymer batteries for electric vehicles, down-hole drilling anf telecommunications he defined battery requirements and specifications and invented pyrometallurgical and hydrometallurgical processing for spent lithium batteries; * at Rio Tinto Iron and Titanium, he was principal chemist for Materials at Sorel-Tracy in Quebec dealing with valorization processes for industrial residues and refactory benchmarking and electrowinning of metallic titanium. * at the Material and Electrochemical Research (MER) Corp., Tucson (Arizona, USA) he was principal electrochemist working on the electrowinning of titanium metal powder from composite anodes and other materials-related projects. * following a period as Manager of Recycling at 5NPlus Inc in Saint-Laurent Quebec he has started his own company, Electrochem Technologies & Materials, providing professional services and promoting his own patented electrochemical technologies on a commercial basis. Doctor Cardarelli is also the author of Encyclopaedia of Scientific Units, Weights and Measures for Springer (ISBN: 1-85233-682-X).
- Author(s)Francois Cardarelli
- PublisherSpringer London Ltd
- Date of Publication27/03/2008
- SubjectMechanical Engineering
- Place of PublicationEngland
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSpringer London Ltd
- Content Note531 black & white tables, biography
- Weight2445 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine53 mm
- Contained items statement2 Hardbacks
- Edition Statement2nd ed. 2008
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.