Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.02Trending at AU $36.78
- AU $16.41Trending at AU $22.77
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $21.99
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.97
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.62
- AU $14.83Trending at AU $17.90
- AU $25.99Trending at AU $32.06
About this product
- DescriptionThe Materials Handbook is an encyclopedic, A-to-Z organization of all types of materials, featuring their key performance properties, principal characteristics and applications in product design. Materials include ferrous and nferrous metals, plastics, elastomers, ceramics, woods, composites, chemicals, minerals, textiles, fuels, foodstuffs and natural plant and animal substances --more than 13,000 in all. Properties are expressed in both U.S. customary and metric units and a thorough index eases finding details on each and every material. Introduced in 1929 and often kwn simply as Brady's, this comprehensive, one-volume, 1244 page encyclopedia of materials is intended for executives, managers, supervisors, engineers, and technicians, in engineering, manufacturing, marketing, purchasing and sales as well as educators and students. Of the dozens of families of materials updated in the 15th Edition, the most extensive additions pertain to adhesives, activated carbon, aluminides, aluminum alloys, catalysts, ceramics, composites, fullerences, heat-transfer fluids, naphase materials, nickel alloys, olefins, silicon nitride, stainless steels, thermoplastic elastomers, titanium alloys, tungsten alloys, valve alloys and welding and hard-facing alloys. Also widely updated are acrylics, brazing alloys, chelants, biodegradable plastics, molybdenum alloys, plastic alloys, recyclate plastics, superalloys, supercritical fluids and tool steels. New classes of materials added include aliphatic polyketones, carburizing secondary-hardening steels and polyarylene ether benzimidazoles. Carcigens and materials likely to be cancer-causing in humans are listed for the first time.
- Author BiographyGeorge S. Brady, deceased, was a well-known engineer who worked on the Panama Canal. Henry H. Clauser, former Chief Editor and Publisher of Materials Engineering and the Materials Selector (an annual guide to the properties of materials) and Editor of Research Management, is a consultant and freelance writer and editor. John A. Vaccari, former Chief Editor of Materials Engineering and the Materials Selector, Executive Editor of Design Engineering, and Senior Editor od American Machinist, is a consultant and freelance writer and editor.
- Author(s)George Stuart Brady,Henry R. Clauser,John A. Vaccari
- PublisherMcGraw-Hill Education - Europe
- Date of Publication01/07/2002
- SubjectMechanical Engineering
- Series TitleMcGraw-Hill Handbooks
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMcGraw-Hill Professional
- Weight1820 g
- Width165 mm
- Height236 mm
- Spine70 mm
- Edition Statement15th Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.