All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionMaterials Processing by Cluster Ion Beams: History, Techlogy, and Applications discusses the contemporary physics, materials science, surface engineering issues, and natechlogy capabilities of cluster beam processing. Written by the originator of the gas cluster ion beam (GCIB) concept, this book: * Offers an overview of ion beam techlogies, from the discovery of momer ions to the introduction of GCIBs * Explores the development of sources for producing cluster beams from solid materials * Describes the engineering characteristics of gas cluster ion beam equipment * Covers cluster ion-solid surface interaction kinetics as well as sputtering, implantation, and ion-assisted deposition * Details surface processing techniques for smoothing, shallow implantation, and preparation of high-quality thin films * Introduces representative examples of emerging GCIB industrial applications Materials Processing by Cluster Ion Beams: History, Techlogy, and Applications provides a deeper understanding of the importance of cluster ion beams and their applications.
- Author BiographyIsao Yamada was the originator of the concept for the processing of materials by gas cluster ion beams. He is presently a visiting professor at the Graduate School of Engineering of the University of Hyogo in Japan. He is professor emeritus at Kyoto University, where he was director of the Ion Beam Engineering Experimental Laboratory. He received his Ph.D in electrical engineering from Kyoto University and has held visiting scientist appointments at the FOM Institute in Amsterdam, the Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cornell University, and Northwestern University. For the past 40 years, his principal areas of research have ranged from fundamental physics to practical applications of materials processing by ion beams, with particular emphasis on very low-energy ion-solid interactions.
- Author(s)Isao Yamada
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Inc
- Date of Publication23/07/2015
- SubjectEngineering & Technology: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationPortland
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintProductivity Press
- Content Note168 black & white illustrations, 4 black & white tables
- Weight498 g
- Width156 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine20 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $99.00Trending at AU $101.34
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $79.83
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.49
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $71.54
- AU $61.99Trending at AU $63.88
- AU $95.88Trending at AU $99.78
- AU $89.90Trending at AU $112.50
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.