All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe fabrication of MEMS has been predominately achieved by etching the polysilicon material. However, new materials are in large demands that could overcome the hurdles in fabrication or manufacturing process. Although, an ermous amount of work being accomplished in the area, most of the information is treated as confidential or privileged. It is extremely hard to find the meaningful information for the new or related developments. This book is collection of chapters written by experts in MEMS and NEMS techlogy. Chapters are contributed on the development of new MEMS and NEMS materials as well as on the properties of these devices. Important properties such as residual stresses and buckling behavior in the devices are discussed as separate chapters. Various models have been included in the chapters that studies the mode and mechanism of failure of the MEMS and NEMS. This book is meant for the graduate students, research scholars and engineers who are involved in the research and developments of advanced MEMS and NEMS for a wide variety of applications. Critical information has been included for the readers that will help them in gaining precise control over dimensional stability, quality, reliability, productivity and maintenance in MEMS and NEMS. No such book is available in the market that addresses the developments and failures in these advanced devices.
- Author BiographyDr. Atul Tiwari is a research faculty member in the Department of Mechanical Engineering at the University of Hawaii, USA. He has received Ph.D. in Polymer Materials Science along with the bestowed Chartered Chemist and Chartered Scientist status from the Royal Society of Chemistry, UK. Dr. Tiwari is an active member of several professional bodies in the UK, USA, and India. Being an organic chemist and mechanical engineer his research work tends to bridge the gap between the science and engineering. Dr. Tiwari has published more than sixty peer reviewed research publications. His area of research interest includes the development of smart materials including silicones, graphene and bio-inspired biomaterials for industrial applications. Dr. Tiwari zeal to develop new materials and has generated six international patented/pending technologies that have been transferred to the industries. He is an active consultant to renowned companies and acts as associate editor of international journals. Baldev Raj is a distinguished scientist and former director of Indira Gandhi Centre of Atomic Research, India. He has pioneered the application of Non Destructive Testing (NDT) for basic research using acoustic and electromagnetic techniques in a variety of materials and components. He is currently President, International Institute of Welding, President, Indian National Academy of Engineering and President-Research PSG Institutions, Coimbatore. He is a member of the Scientific Advisory Council to Prime Minister, Scientific Advisory Council to Cabinet, Nano Mission Council of India and Apex Advisory Committee, Ministry of Human Resources Development. He is Chairman, Board of Governors, IIT, Gandhinagar & NIT, Puduchery. He has authored of more than 850 publications in referred journals, 60 books and special journal volumes, more than 20 contributions to encyclopaedia and handbooks, as well as the owner of 21 patents. He has been recognized with more than 100 international and national awards.
- PublisherJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Date of Publication25/09/2015
- SubjectElectronics Engineering & Communications Engineering
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Weight1074 g
- Width182 mm
- Height256 mm
- Spine27 mm
- Edited byAtul Tiwari,Baldev Raj
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.46New
- AU $7.03New
- AU $20.24New
- AU $33.17New
- AU $30.27New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.16Trending at AU $43.28
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $30.27
- AU $61.61Trending at AU $62.90
- AU $49.24Trending at AU $52.58
- AU $26.82Trending at AU $30.72
- AU $28.36Trending at AU $30.17
- AU $25.42Trending at AU $25.61
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.