All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $26.57Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $30.05Trending at AU $40.13
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $22.05
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.06
- AU $26.84Trending at AU $29.51
- AU $19.77Trending at AU $29.90
- AU $14.82Trending at AU $17.95
About this product
- DescriptionMaterials for Design (2006) established that while material selection is one of the most significant decisions an architect must make, it is often t addressed at the early stages of the design process. Likewise, students are typically taught about material and design as if they were unrelated. With the advent of integrated design/build programs, however, the relationship between a project's aesthetics and its materiality has never been more important. Seven years will have passed since the first book and Materials for Design: Volume 2 will revisit the format of the original to provide a more current foundation for a strong design sensibility intertwined with material kwledge. The book is divided into six sections: glass, concrete, wood, metal, plastic and--new in Volume 2--masonry. Sixty brand new case studies by inventive architects from around the world, including Ryue Nishizawa (SANAA), LOT-EK, Studio Gang and Weiss/Manfredi, show these materials put to imaginative use, illustrating how their application informed each building's ultimate form and structure.
- Author BiographyVictoria Ballard Bell is a licensed architect with a master's degree in urban planning and architecture from the University of Virginia. She is a Frederick P. Rose Architectural Fellow. Patrick Rand is a distinguished professor in the School of Architecture at North Carolina State University's College of Design.
- Author(s)Patrick J. Rand,Victoria Ballard Bell
- PublisherPrinceton Architectural Press
- Date of Publication01/10/2013
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPrinceton Architectural Press
- Out-of-print date12/04/2014
- Content Note400 colour images
- Weight1057 g
- Width216 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine18 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.