All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA comprehensive yet accessible introduction to materials engineering which provides a straightforward, readable approach to the subject. The sixth edition includes a new chapter on the selection of materials, an updated discussion of new materials, and a complete glossary of key terms used in materials engineering. This rewned text has provided many thousands of students with an easily accessible introduction to the wide ranging subject area of materials engineering and manufacturing processes for over forty years. It avoids the excessive jargon and mathematical complexity so often found in textbooks for this subject, retaining the practical down-to-earth approach for which the book is ted. The increased emphasis on the selection of materials reflects the increased emphasis on this aspect of materials engineering w seen within current vocational and university courses. In addition to meeting the requirements of vocational and undergraduate engineering syllabuses, this text will also provide a valuable desktop reference for professional engineers working in product design who require a quick source of information on materials and manufacturing processes.
- Author BiographyW. Bolton was formerly Head of Research and Development and Monitoring at BTEC. He has also been a UNESCO consultant and is author of many successful engineering textbooks. R.A. Higgins was a Senior Lecturer in Materials Science at the College of Commerce and Technology, West Bromwich, UK. He was a Chief Metallurgist at Messrs Aston Chain and Hook Ltd., Birmingham, UK, as well as an Examiner in Metallurgy for the Institution of Production Engineers, the City and Guilds of London Institute, the Union of Lancashire and Cheshire Institutes and the Union of Educational Institutes.
- Author(s)Reynold A. Higgins,W. Bolton
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication29/08/2014
- SubjectTechnology: General & Reference
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note254 black & white illustrations, 103 black & white tables
- Weight896 g
- Width189 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine24 mm
- Edition Statement6th Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.90Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.73
- AU $32.80Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.68Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $19.55Trending at AU $23.96
- AU $32.00Trending at AU $45.25
- AU $14.60Trending at AU $16.66
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.