All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFrom a well-kwn actress, math genius and popular contestant on Dancing With The Stars a groundbreaking guide to mathematics for middle school girls, their parents, and educators As the math education crisis in this country continues to make headlines, research continues to prove that it is in middle school when math scores begin to drop especially for girls in large part due to the relentless social conditioning that tells girls they can t do math, and that math is uncool. Young girls today need strong female role models to embrace the idea that it s okay to be smart in fact, it s sexy to be smart! It s Danica McKellar s mission to be this role model, and demonstrate on a large scale that math doesn t suck. In this fun and accessible guide, McKellar dubbed a math superstar by The New York Times gives girls and their parents the tools they need to master the math concepts that confuse middle-schoolers most, including fractions, percentages, pre-algebra, and more. The book features hip, real-world examples, step-by-step instruction, and engaging stories of Danica s own childhood struggles in math (and stardom). In addition, borrowing from the style of today s teen magazines, it even includes a Math Horoscope section, Math Personality Quizzes, and Real-Life Testimonials ultimately revealing why math is easier and cooler than readers think.
- Author BiographyDanica McKellar is a New York Times bestselling author of groundbreaking math books, includingMath Doesn't Suck: How to Survive Middle School Math, Girls Get Curves: Geometry Takes Shape, Kiss My Math: Showing Pre-Algebra Who's Boss, Hot X: Algebra Exposed!, and theGoodnight, Numbers series of children's books, and is a summa cum laude graduate of UCLA with a degree in mathematics. She is also well known for her acting roles on The Wonder Years, The West Wing, and multiple Hallmark Channel movies, and as a quarterfinalist on Dancing with the Stars. She lives with her family in Los Angeles.
- Author(s)Danica McKellar
- PublisherPenguin Putnam Inc
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectReference & Home Learning
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintNew American Library
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight381 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.