All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionMATH FOR THE AUTOMOTIVE TRADE, 5E is an up-to-date, highly practical book that helps readers develop a real-world understanding of math concepts and applications in the modern automotive repair trade. Written at a beginner's level, this book is a comprehensive instructional workbook that shows readers how to solve the types of math problems faced regularly by automotive technicians. Unique to MATH FOR THE AUTOMOTIVE TRADE, 5E are realistic practice exercises that allow readers to determine if their answers fall within manufacturers' specifications and repair orders that are completed by finding the appropriate information in the professional literature and reference material, included in the book's valuable appendices.
- Author BiographyJohn C. Peterson is a retired professor of mathematics at Chattanooga State Technical Community College, where he received the college's Teaching Excellence Award. In addition, he is a past vice president of the American Mathematical Association for Two-Year Colleges (AMATYC) and was co-director of the AMATYC project on Mathematics for the Emerging Technologies funded by the National Science Foundation. He also authored the project report, A Vision: Mathematics for the Emerging Technologies. Dr. Peterson's 90 professional publications include textbooks TECHNICAL MATHEMATICS and INTRODUCTORY TECHNICAL MATHEMATICS. He holds Bachelor of Arts and Master of Arts degrees from the University of Northern Iowa and a doctor of philosophy degree in mathematics education from The Ohio State University. William J. de Kryger is a retired Professor of Automotive Technology in the Department of Engineering and Technology at Central Michigan University. He has been a certified ASE Master Technician for over thirty five years and is a member of the Society of Automotive Engineers. During his career as a professional technician, he was employed by both automotive dealerships and independent garages in Michigan, California, and Hawaii. Other professional services have included: expert witness for automotive cases, automotive arbitration for the National Center for Dispute Settlement, annual study abroad leader to Vladimir State University, Vladimir, Russia, and annual Visiting Professor of Automotive Technology to Instituta Technologico Y de Superiores de Monterrey, Campus Toluca, Mexico. William J. de Kryger holds an Associate's Degree in Automotive Services and a Bachelor of Science in Technical Education from Ferris State University, and a Master of Arts in Higher Education from Central Michigan University.
- Author(s)John C. Peterson,William J. DeKryger
- PublisherCengage Learning, Inc
- Date of Publication24/03/2011
- SubjectEngineering & Technology: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationClifton Park
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintDelmar Cengage Learning
- Content Noteblack & white line drawings, diagrams, figures, charts
- Weight750 g
- Width215 mm
- Height275 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Edition Statement5th Revised edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $67.92Trending at AU $111.00
- AU $35.04Trending at AU $42.49
- AU $18.56Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $48.98
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.29
- AU $51.99Trending at AU $53.03
- AU $22.59Trending at AU $27.63
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.