Mathematical Aspects of Logic Programming Semantics by Anthony Seda, Pascal Hitzler (Hardback, 2010)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $132.00Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $207.94+ AU $24.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionCovering the authors' own state-of-the-art research results, Mathematical Aspects of Logic Programming Semantics presents a rigorous, modern account of the mathematical methods and tools required for the semantic analysis of logic programs. It significantly extends the tools and methods from traditional order theory to include nconventional methods from mathematical analysis that depend on topology, domain theory, generalized distance functions, and associated fixed-point theory. The book covers topics spanning the period from the early days of logic programming to current times. It discusses applications to computational logic and potential applications to the integration of models of computation, kwledge representation and reasoning, and the Semantic Web. The authors develop well-kwn and important semantics in logic programming from a unified point of view using both order theory and new, ntraditional methods. They closely examine the interrelationships between various semantics as well as the integration of logic programming and connectionist systems/neural networks. For readers interested in the interface between mathematics and computer science, this book offers a detailed development of the mathematical techniques necessary for studying the semantics of logic programs. It illustrates the main semantics of logic programs and applies the methods in the context of neural-symbolic integration.
- Author BiographyPascal Hitzler is an assistant professor in the Kno.e.sis Center for Knowledge-Enabled Computing, which is an Ohio Center of Excellence at Wright State University. Dr. Hitzler is editor-in-chief of the journal Semantic Web - Interoperability, Usability, Applicability and co-author of the textbook Foundations of Semantic Web Technologies (CRC Press, August 2009). His research interests encompass the Semantic Web, neural-symbolic integration, knowledge representation and reasoning, denotational semantics, and set-theoretic topology. Anthony Seda is a senior lecturer in the Department of Mathematics and co-founder of the Boole Centre for Research in Informatics at University College Cork. Dr. Seda is an editorial board member of Information and the International Journal of Advanced Intelligence. His research interests include measure theory, functional analysis, topology, fixed-point theory, denotational semantics, and the semantics of logic programs.
- Author(s)Anthony Seda,Pascal Hitzler
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Inc
- Date of Publication02/12/2010
- SubjectComputing: Professional & Programming
- Series TitleChapman & Hall/CRC Studies in Informatics Series
- Series Part/Volume Numberv. 6
- Place of PublicationBosa Roca
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCRC Press Inc
- Content Note20 black & white illustrations, 5 black & white tables
- Weight566 g
- Width156 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Textbooks
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.65New
- AU $93.38Used
- AU $93.38New
- AU $101.47New
- AU $80.95New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.00
- AU $87.99Trending at AU $90.54
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.44
- AU $39.02Trending at AU $50.24
- AU $69.89Trending at AU $74.12
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.80
- AU $21.33Trending at AU $23.60
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.