All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionMathematical Logic for Computer Science is a mathematics textbook with theorems and proofs, but the choice of topics has been guided by the needs of students of computer science. The method of semantic tableaux provides an elegant way to teach logic that is both theoretically sound and easy to understand. The uniform use of tableaux-based techniques facilitates learning advanced logical systems based on what the student has learned from elementary systems. The logical systems presented are: propositional logic, first-order logic, resolution and its application to logic programming, Hoare logic for the verification of sequential programs, and linear temporal logic for the verification of concurrent programs. The third edition has been entirely rewritten and includes new chapters on central topics of modern computer science: SAT solvers and model checking.
- Author BiographyMordechai (Moti) Ben-Ari is with the Department of Science Teaching at the Weizmann Institute of Science. He is a Distinguished Educator of the ACM and has received the ACM/SIGCSE Award for Outstanding Contributions to Computer Science Education.
- Author(s)Mordechai Ben-Ari
- PublisherSpringer London Ltd
- Date of Publication15/06/2012
- SubjectComputing: General
- Place of PublicationEngland
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSpringer London Ltd
- Content Note79 black & white illustrations, biography
- Weight557 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $34.69Trending at AU $36.60
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.92
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $40.49
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.21
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $40.07
- AU $34.17Trending at AU $35.13
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.