All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.65Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.12Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.93
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.76
- AU $37.59Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.02Trending at AU $36.09
About this product
- DescriptionThis fascinating work makes the link between the rarified world of maths and the down-to-earth one inhabited by engineers. It introduces and explains classical and modern mathematical procedures as applied to the real problems confronting engineers and geoscientists. Written in a manner that is understandable for students across the breadth of their studies, it lays out the foundations for mastering difficult and sometimes confusing mathematical methods. Arithmetic examples and figures fully support this approach, while all important mathematical techniques are detailed. Derived from the author's long experience teaching courses in applied mathematics, it is based on the lectures, exercises and lessons she has used in her classes.
- Author BiographyIn 1970 Olga Waelder was born in Moscow. She began her studies at the Technical University for Electronics and Mathematics in Moscow in 1987 from whence she received her degree in applied mathematics in 1993. From 1996 until 1999 she furthered her studies at the Technical University Mining Academy in Freiberg (Germany) from whence she received a degree in mathematics. Between 2001 and 2004 she was a research assistant at the Institute for Cartography, Dresden Technical University. In 2003 she began lecturing mathematical cartography. She continued her post doctorate studies there in 2004 and since 2005 has been a lecturer for adjustment theory.
- Author(s)Olga Waelder
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. KG
- Date of Publication19/10/2010
- Place of PublicationBerlin
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. K
- Content Note6 black & white tables, biography
- Weight290 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of hardcover 1st ed. 2008
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.