All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe topics of this set of student-oriented books are presented in a discursive style that is readable and easy to follow. Numerous clearly stated, completely worked out examples together with carefully selected problem sets with answers are used to enhance students' understanding and manipulative skill. The goal is to help students feel comfortable and confident in using advanced mathematical tools in junior, senior, and beginning graduate courses.
- Author BiographyK.T. Tang received his B.S. in Engineering Physics and M.A. in Mathematics from University of Washington and his Ph.D. in Physics from Columbia University. He did postdoctoral studies in Chemistry at Berkeley and Harvard. He worked as an engineer at Collins Radio Company and Boeing Company. Dr. Tang regards teaching as his calling, although his research accomplishments are also considerable. He authored/co-authored over 130 research papers in professional journals and a monograph Asymptotic Methods in Quantum Mechanics . He lectured widely in Asia, Europe, and North America. He had been a long-term visiting scientist at Max-Planck-Institut in Gottingen. He is a recipient of a Distinguished U.S. Senior Scientist Award from Alexander von Humboldt Foundation and a Faculty Excellence Award from Pacific Lutheran University where he is Professor of Physics.
- Author(s)Kwong-Tin Tang
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. KG
- Date of Publication12/02/2010
- SubjectEngineering & Technology: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationBerlin
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. K
- Content Note2 black & white tables, biography
- Weight510 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition Statement1st ed. Softcover of orig. ed. 2007
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $38.44Trending at AU $48.97
- AU $30.67Trending at AU $34.95
- AU $22.22Trending at AU $31.05
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $39.11
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $24.30
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.35
- AU $21.91Trending at AU $29.32
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.