All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDivided into two volumes, the book begins with a pedagogical presentation of some of the basic theory, with chapters on biochemical reactions, diffusion, excitability, wave propagation and cellular homeostasis. The second, more extensive part discusses particular physiological systems, with chapters on calcium dynamics, bursting oscillations and secretion, cardiac cells, muscles, intercellular communication, the circulatory system, the immune system, wound healing, the respiratory system, the visual system, hormone physiology, renal physiology, digestion, the visual system and hearing. New chapters on Calcium Dynamics, Neuroendocrine Cells and Regulation of Cell Function have been included. Reviews from first edition: Keener and Sneyd's Mathematical Physiology is the first comprehensive text of its kind that deals exclusively with the interplay between mathematics and physiology. Writing a book like this is an audacious act! -Society of Mathematical Biology Keener and Sneyd's is unique in that it attempts to present one of the most important subfields of biology and medicine, physiology, in terms of mathematical language , rather than organizing materials around mathematical methodology. -SIAM review
- Author(s)James P. Keener,James Sneyd
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication01/10/2008
- Series TitleInterdisciplinary Applied Mathematics
- Series Part/Volume Numberv. 8
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight1168 g
- Width178 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Edition Statement2nd ed. 2009
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.69Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.14Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $50.28Trending at AU $53.01
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $40.50
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.15Trending at AU $35.14
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.