All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.68Trending at AU $111.07
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.34
- AU $35.44Trending at AU $40.70
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.33
- AU $19.36Trending at AU $23.93
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.01
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.30
About this product
- DescriptionWith the maturing of mobile portable telephony and the emerging broadband access market, greater fiber transmission capacity will be essential in the early 21st century. Since the demand for more capacity drives the development of new optics-based techlogies, fiber optics therefore remains a vibrant area for research. Mathematical Principles of Optical Fiber Communications is intended to support and promote interdisciplinary research in optical fiber communications by providing essential background in both the physical and mathematical principles of the discipline. Chapter topics include the basics of fibers and their construction, fiber modes and the criterion of single mode operation, the nlinear Schrodinger equation, the variational approach to the analysis of pulse propagation, and, finally, solitons and some new results on soliton formation energy thresholds. These chapters are written to be as independent as possible while taking the reader to the frontiers of research on fiber optics communications.
- Author(s)J.K. Shaw
- PublisherSociety for Industrial & Applied Mathematics,U.S.
- Date of Publication01/05/2004
- SubjectScience & Mathematics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleCBMS-NSF Regional Conference Series in Applied Mathematics
- Series Part/Volume NumberNo. 76
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSociety for Industrial & Applied Mathematics,U.S.
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight170 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine7 mm
- Series Edited byRon Rozier
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.