All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionMathematicians are expected to publish their work: in journals, conference proceedings, and books. It is vital to advancing their careers. Later, some are asked to become editors. However, most mathematicians are trained to do mathematics, t to publish it. But here, finally, for graduate students and researchers interested in publishing their work, Steven G. Krantz, the respected author of several 'how-to' guides in mathematics, shares his experience as an author, editor, editorial board member, and independent publisher.This new volume is an informative, comprehensive guidebook to publishing mathematics. Krantz describes both the general setting of mathematical publishing and the specifics about all the various publishing situations mathematicians may encounter. As with his other books, Krantz's style is engaging and frank. He gives advice on how to get your book published, how to get organized as an editor, what to do when things go wrong, and much more.He describes the people, the language (including a glossary), and the process of publishing both books and journals. Steven G. Krantz is an accomplished mathematician and an award-winning author. He has published more than 130 research articles and 45 books. He has worked as an editor of several book series, research journals, and for the Notices of the AMS. He is also the founder of the Journal of Geometric Analysis . Other titles available from the AMS by Steven G. Krantz are How to Teach Mathematics , A Primer of Mathematical Writing , A Mathematician's Survival Guide , and Techniques of Problem Solving .
- Author BiographySteven G. Krantz is an accomplished mathematician and an award-winning author. He has published more than 150 research articles and over 50 books. He has worked as an editor of several book series, research journals, and for the Notices of the AMS.
- Author(s)Steven G. Krantz
- PublisherAmerican Mathematical Society
- Date of Publication15/11/2005
- Place of PublicationProvidence
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAmerican Mathematical Society
- Weight595 g
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.66Trending at AU $111.11
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $35.42Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.35
- AU $19.16Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.